Skip to main content

StampInsanity Blog Hop!

Hello! Who’s in the mood for a blog hop? The Groovy Gurlz sure are! We decided to get together and have a blog hop, just for you! And guess what? There are free digis to be had! Be sure to visit StampInsanity for all of the details. We decided to make this a sketch challenge with a twist…using flowers. Here’s the sketch:

use sketch & have to use flowers

Ok, ok…I changed it up a bit. I’m sorry. I had to! But it’s still purdy!

See? I told you! I used one of the many Maddies you can find over at SI. I love her. She’s super sweet looking, but you know she’s gotta be a little devious with those clothes that she’s rockin’!

I colored her with my markers. Don’tcha want her hair? Ok…most of you probably don’t. But I do! Love that bright pink against the shiny black!

I used some Prima flowers, and drew in some swirls with Platinum Liquid Pearls. Then I dusted them with pink glitter. It’s pretty cool, because I didn’t go heavy on the glitter, so you still get the luster from the Liquid Pearls.

Be sure to hop along with the rest of the participating Groovy Gurlz! Here is the full hop list.

Tina http://kiehn10.blogspot.com
Samantha http://sammibugscrapshack.blogspot.com
Audrey http://hippieaud.blogspot.com
Beth http://Inamatterofstampin.blogspot.com
Kelli http://cajunstampingqueen.blogspot.com
Alison http://alisonsrandomthoughts.blogspot.com (me!)
Jane http://jcocraft.blogspot.com
Kapree http://kc-consultant.blogspot.com
Sugar http://sugarcardsnmore.blogspot.com
Susan http://susanscraftychaos.blogspot.com

On a side note, yesterday I put up THIS POST because I am having a stamp sale. All unused, many retired, stamps. Please take a look see as everything is 50% off retail. All the deets are in the original post. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Kim Kelley said…
Love it. Just enough princess mixed with just enough punk!TFS
I LOVE her hair! I have to agree with Kim - just the right mix of princess and punk! :D
DK Spins said…
Oh yeah, I'd love her hair (and her youth ) Love how you colored her Alison!, the polka dots & flowers, and a great idea to use Liquid Pearls for the swirls. TFS
Sandra H said…
Wow she is adorable love her hair and how you have coloured her, polka dots and flowers are gorgeous too love all of it:) Sandra H
Beth said…
Perfect - and hot damn, girl, look at her hair! You are KILING it with the hair these days! I guess that's to be expected, though, huh... xx
Unknown said…
Love your card the hair is awesome
Luv Jane xxx
Carol W. said…
Beautiful card - love her colorsing TFS
love her!!! she is def purdy!!! you made the sketch look better!!!
sammi said…
Fantastic coloring, Alison, and the mix of colors is fabulous!
Alison... Your card is awesome! I love the colors that you used and lovin' the pink stripe in her hair! Hee-Hee are you gonna change over? Your coloring is beautiful! Thank You for sharing with me! Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!
Anonymous said…
Alision I just love your work, love the pink hair I think Sara would look nice with a pink stripe ...
KC said…
as always your cards are awesome! those swirls are so cool!
Love the hair Alison........you gotta do a tut on colouring hair!!!!!

Fiona. x
Tina said…
i love love these papers and her hair is hott....gret card

Tina
Laura B said…
Awesome card! Your coloring just rocks! I really need to learn how to do the shiny hair thing.:)
Almost too cute to believe it's you!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...