Skip to main content

StampInsanity Blog Hop!

Hello! Who’s in the mood for a blog hop? The Groovy Gurlz sure are! We decided to get together and have a blog hop, just for you! And guess what? There are free digis to be had! Be sure to visit StampInsanity for all of the details. We decided to make this a sketch challenge with a twist…using flowers. Here’s the sketch:

use sketch & have to use flowers

Ok, ok…I changed it up a bit. I’m sorry. I had to! But it’s still purdy!

See? I told you! I used one of the many Maddies you can find over at SI. I love her. She’s super sweet looking, but you know she’s gotta be a little devious with those clothes that she’s rockin’!

I colored her with my markers. Don’tcha want her hair? Ok…most of you probably don’t. But I do! Love that bright pink against the shiny black!

I used some Prima flowers, and drew in some swirls with Platinum Liquid Pearls. Then I dusted them with pink glitter. It’s pretty cool, because I didn’t go heavy on the glitter, so you still get the luster from the Liquid Pearls.

Be sure to hop along with the rest of the participating Groovy Gurlz! Here is the full hop list.

Tina http://kiehn10.blogspot.com
Samantha http://sammibugscrapshack.blogspot.com
Audrey http://hippieaud.blogspot.com
Beth http://Inamatterofstampin.blogspot.com
Kelli http://cajunstampingqueen.blogspot.com
Alison http://alisonsrandomthoughts.blogspot.com (me!)
Jane http://jcocraft.blogspot.com
Kapree http://kc-consultant.blogspot.com
Sugar http://sugarcardsnmore.blogspot.com
Susan http://susanscraftychaos.blogspot.com

On a side note, yesterday I put up THIS POST because I am having a stamp sale. All unused, many retired, stamps. Please take a look see as everything is 50% off retail. All the deets are in the original post. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Kim Kelley said…
Love it. Just enough princess mixed with just enough punk!TFS
I LOVE her hair! I have to agree with Kim - just the right mix of princess and punk! :D
DK Spins said…
Oh yeah, I'd love her hair (and her youth ) Love how you colored her Alison!, the polka dots & flowers, and a great idea to use Liquid Pearls for the swirls. TFS
Sandra said…
Wow she is adorable love her hair and how you have coloured her, polka dots and flowers are gorgeous too love all of it:) Sandra H
Beth said…
Perfect - and hot damn, girl, look at her hair! You are KILING it with the hair these days! I guess that's to be expected, though, huh... xx
Jane said…
Love your card the hair is awesome
Luv Jane xxx
Carol said…
Beautiful card - love her colorsing TFS
Kelli said…
love her!!! she is def purdy!!! you made the sketch look better!!!
Sammibug said…
Fantastic coloring, Alison, and the mix of colors is fabulous!
Alison... Your card is awesome! I love the colors that you used and lovin' the pink stripe in her hair! Hee-Hee are you gonna change over? Your coloring is beautiful! Thank You for sharing with me! Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!
Alision I just love your work, love the pink hair I think Sara would look nice with a pink stripe ...
KC said…
as always your cards are awesome! those swirls are so cool!
Love the hair Alison........you gotta do a tut on colouring hair!!!!!

Fiona. x
Tina said…
i love love these papers and her hair is hott....gret card

Tina
Laura B said…
Awesome card! Your coloring just rocks! I really need to learn how to do the shiny hair thing.:)
Almost too cute to believe it's you!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…