Skip to main content

SISC69: Goin’ Goth! Plus, Sweet Gothic Kids Christmas Preview Day 5: Tilly

It’s a big day! A fang-tastic new StampInsanity challenge is up, and I have another Simply Betty Stamps preview to share with you!

This week’s StampInsanity challenge is Goin’ Goth! What could be better?!?! For this challenge, I used one of my favorite SI images, Lilith.

I kept it looking kind of unfinished on purpose. Goth is creepy, gets you thinking… I wanted it to look like the story may or may not be finished here.

I colored Lilith with my watercolor markers. I think she came out pretty rad. If you click on any of my pics, you can get a bigger, better view.

I obviously didn’t want to go with all black for this card. Too obvious for me. I wanted those pops of color to be unexpected and surprising. I love this paper I have on the left side. It’s so soft and fibrous. It tears beautifully. I “stitched” on top of it with black Stickles. I am really happy with the end result.

On to something…cuter. ;) It’s time to meet Reindeer Tilly. Who I think may be my favorite image from this Simply Betty release (though it’s really tough to choose!).

Isn’t she adorable? I know…I don’t use “adorable” on my blog much…but how could you resist her? And look…she’s got a teeny spider on her ear!

Tilly, unlike Lilith, was colored entirely with my pencils. There’s a lot of layering goin’ on here, and I couldn’t be happier with how she turned out.

My sentiment is from Tattered Angels. I kept this card (like some of the others I’ve shown this week) non-Christmas-y. I wanted you to see the versatility of these fab images.

Please be sure to visit the rest of the Ward 2 gals of StampInsanity.

Ward 2: 
Sammi forSpecTextBoxBig Erica forSpecTextBoxBigTanya
Kelli forSpecTextBoxBig Alison (me!) forSpecTextBoxBigKapree

 

And of course, the rest of the Simply Betty gals! You can check out their creations on the SBS Blog. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Tina said…
both are just awesome ..i love the colors and papers and th eimages are colored perfectly...great cards

Tina
Scrappychick said…
ok, so of course I love Tilly, she's fabulous and I love the way her hair color turned out! But the hair on Lilith is wow!! And I LOVE that paper!
Both cards are great, but Lilith seriously rocks my world, your colouring of her is so amazing!
Erica said…
Ali, you amaze me every week! These are lovely! Hugs! Eri
Both of these cards are FAB Alison,
but I think Lilith is my favourite, she is gorgeous!

Fiona. x

p.s. can you teach me to colour like that :)

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...