Skip to main content

Nevermore…and an Announcement

Greetings! ‘Tis Friday yet again (hooray!), which means it’s Smeared Ink day for me. I have announcement in regards to my Fridays… This will be my last post as a part of the Smeared Ink Design Team. My Co-Captain Kelli and I have decided to step down from our positions. We will not be returning to Smeared Ink for the next term. It was a very difficult decision for both of us, but we think it’s for the best. However, we will miss our fellow DT members dearly. They are all very special and important to us.

But on to my card… I decided to use one of my favorite Smeared Ink sets for this post…”Quoth the Raven.”

I stamped the hearts in the background with a deep blood red. Then I added the “Nevermore” on top. And I inked and embossed the edges.

On a separate piece of cardstock I stamped the collage image included in the set and embossed that as well. I used a color from Color Box called Lava Black. It’s a beautiful black with a reddish tinge to it. I tore the edges around the image and inked them.

After I adhered the collaged image, I used some tan chalk and chalked over the white of the card.. It aged the card nicely. It was a simple card to make, but I think it has a lot of impact.

I will still be an active participant of at Smeared and Smudged, and I of course will still be using my Smeared Ink stamps frequently. I will miss my team…but who knows what the future holds? Never say never… ;)

Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Laura B said…
I love this card, Alison!
~Lady B~ said…
gorgeous as always, my friend!
ike said…
Fabulous card.
Hugz
Ike xxx
Susan said…
Fabulous card, great image!! I hope your leaving, isn't due to someone else doing or saying something to hurt you.

Glad you'll still be around on SnS
Hugs,
Susan
DK Spins said…
Love this card Alison! "Quoth the Raven" is my most fave set from SI. It's so sad that both you and Kelli are leaving the DT, you've both been the best captains with all you had to take care of monthly there. Thank you for your encouraging comments and leadership. Di
Sorry to hear your leaving the dt for Smeared Ink. You did a great job for them. I always look forward to your cards for them.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...