Skip to main content

Funky Potters Preview Day 2: Ginny

Greetings! Welcome to Preview Day 2 of Simply Betty Stamps' latetst release...The Funky Potters! I didn't play along yesterday, but with good reason. I combined yesterday's image with today's in one card! I'm so proud of myself, now that I can merge images together in Photoshop. I'm sure most of you have been doing that for years...but I really have such a hard time with computers. And it's been forever since I took Photoshop in college. And I don't even know what version that was! But enough about me and my computer schtuff...let's get to Hermoine and Ginny!!!


Truth be told, I did not read the Harry Potter books...except for the 1st one. Wait! Don't shoot! It's not because I didn't like them....I was in college (huh...seems to be a running theme today) when they came out, and I really just had to focus on my art. Reading for pleasure at that time was just not in the cards for me. I'll pick them up again some time. I really will! So that's why the colors are probably not what you would expect. But that's what makes these images so great. Yeah, they're perfect for Harry Potter stuff...but you can use them for other things too!



I used watercolor markers to color in my images, and chalk to fill in the background (thanks, Barb!). I stamped out my sentiment with an alphabet from Time Flies. A rip here and there, more chalk and some more use of the marker around the border. And some blobs of glitter. Done! I think it's cute and snarky.



Please be sure to visit the Simply Betty Stamps blog and The Burtonesque Dolls blog to see more inspiration today, and the rest of the week. And remember, Friday is release day, when you can buy these babies for yourself! Please visit me again tomorrow when I will have another Potter preview and a brand new Burtonesque Dolls challenge! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Carol W. said…
Too fun, love the funky images!
Scrappychick said…
Too cute! Love the bright colors, even if they aren't Potteresque :) You totally need to read these one day, and I promise they get more adult after the first 3. (not adult in that way, hehe)
FitterTwit said…
This is so cute! I love to see the use of multiples!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...