Skip to main content

Janie’s Got a Gun…

Janie may have a gun, but someone has their sites set on Janie! Here is my very first card using one of the brand new stamp sets from Smeared and Smudged. It’s from the Chicks Dig Guns Collection.

IMG_0721

This chic is pissed! Obviously, this lady who either heard a bump in the night, or is really pissed off at her lover! I used 3 of the stamps from this set. Then I used the site stamp on the background of the card and on parts of her body. I only colored her in where the sites are. Here’s a closer look.

IMG_0722

I love how this all came out. I think I will use this same partial coloring technique on some of the other ‘Chicks” in this collection. I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain- one of my faves. And here’s the inside. Nothing too crazy… just a little “flash.”

IMG_0724

The bullets are also of course from this crazy collection. Have you checked out the other Smeared Ink stamps? Well, you should! They are unlike anything else that’s out there! Go check ‘em out. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Barb said…
Very cool card, Alison! And you always have some of the funkiest paper ;)
Jennifer said…
Wow, that is too cool! MY hubby would love this. He got me a gun for our anniversary. Romantic huh? I could of used something else but hey I might like it. LOL!
Celeste said…
What a great idea to put a "hit" on Janie! I love what you've done with this.
Daniella said…
She is dope. A pissed chick? gotta be a man's fault!! She's got the right idea!! Maybe we should ALL have guns!! Bitchin'!!!
Erica said…
This is so creative. I love that you had to color pop where the targets were. Wonderful!
~Lady B~ said…
Too freakin' cool. Love it. Great work!
THIS is fabulous! What a great technique and way to use those stamps!!! I see some copying in my future ;)
CraftyMomOf3 said…
SO BAD ASS!! love it!!!
yvonne said…
what a brill idea but on second thoughts i think if we all had guns there would soon be no men cause we would them.
Laura B said…
I love how you just colored in where the sites are set. Very cool!
Julie said…
Oh my, how clever you are to put the 'sites' back on her! You come up with the coolest ideas ever!
Kathi said…
Excellent. I love how you used the target sites. Cool.
Anonymous said…
This is amazing!!!
I was just yesterday thinking about how to use these stamps.. here is one very gret way!
Hope you won´t be too mad, if I´m gonna practise some copying too :D
Leigh Ann Baird said…
Chicks dig guns...how cool is that!? Unique image too--I like it! I love the spotlighting you did with the target thingys on the image!
Alyssa S said…
Super freakin' cool! I love that you colored her only where the sites are! Is the stamp like that or did you add the sites to her? Too cool!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...