Skip to main content

C is for Cupcake!

Hello All!!! This is my 200th blog post! And I don’t know if you know, but as of April 4th, I have been blogging for 1 year!!! Totally crazy! I have to say that I am really happy that I was gently shoved ;} into the wide world of blogging. I have made some truly wonderful friends, and I am inspired by so much creativity! So how about you fulfill a bloggy wish of mine??? Leave me some love! Please don’t be a lurker! Let me know what you think! Even constructive criticism is welcome! Knowing that you are not only “following” me but you’re actually reading my posts is so important to me! If you’re not there, then who am I writing for??? Thanks everyone!!!

This past Saturday was my husband’s birthday. I threw him a teeny little surprise party…and he sure was surprised! I am so thrilled that it went off so well. There was a lot of crazy delish food that we cooked, my family was zany as usual, and the weather was pure perfection. It was a wonderful day, and a great time was had by all.

So today, I wanted to share the card I made for him with you. I was inspired by the Stair Step card I had made for one of the StampInsanity challenges. My husband loved that card. He thought it was so cool… so I figured I would make him his own Stair Step Card!

IMG_1195

We wnet with a Southern-Style menu for the party. And instead of a regular birthday cake, I asked my sis Pam to make him red velvet cupcakes (I totally ran out of time to do it myself!). Hence the use of the cupcake stamp. This set is from Bam Pop! and many of you know how much I love them. Isn’t this little cupcake adorable??? It reminds me of a book I took out of the library for the kids called Cupcake. Who-da guessed, I know! It’s a really adorable story! I forget the author…but parents and teachers should totally read this book! But I digress…

IMG_1196

I used some Rhonna Farrer swirls from Autumn Leaves to stamp around the little cupcake. It’s hard to see, but one of the swirls is actually on a transparency.  I added some Stickles for some more pop.

IMG_1198

Please click on any of the images for a closer look! There’s a bunch of Glimmer Mist used, as well as some misc stamps and a punch. Would you believe that it’s actually a Mickey Mouse head? Just by turning it ever so slightly, it just looks like a cool, swirly punch!

IMG_1246

And here’s is me and the Birthday Boy! Don’t ya love my crepe paper headband??? Happy Birthday, Gene!!!

Comments

Tonya Klar said…
This is really cute! Happy birthday, Gene!!!! Love the picture!
Barb said…
Super cute, Alison! Happy birthday to the hubby!
ellepaulette said…
What a super cute card! Love it! So glad Gene had a wonderful day!
Daniella said…
Happy birthday Gene!! Alison, you look like a hippie from the 60's with the headband and the glasses!! Your rockin' that look girl, you go!!!

Awesome to hear you had a fab time, your card rocks hard too!!
Nicole Maki said…
What a lucky guy. Sounds like you're a great wife.

Happy Blogaversary :-)
Julie said…
Awww, all of this is so lovely! I'm so glad to hear you had such a great day for your husband's celebration. Your card is adorable - a smiling cupcake? Too cute! And I love the pic of you two as well.
Jen Shults said…
Happy birthday to your hubby!! I love your card and I love hearing about the party. You are just so sweet!! He's very lucky to have you!
Randi said…
Ah, so sweet!!! Super cute and cool cupcake card!! That crepe headband is so you. ;o) Glad you guys had a great celebration!
CraftyMomOf3 said…
yay!! congrats hunnie!!!
Alyssa S said…
Great card! Congrats on 200 posts - you've been a busy bee! Love your headband too!
Laura B said…
Really cute card! I'm still reading, I'm just ridiculously behind on everything! I always love your posts!:)

hugs,
Laura

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...