Skip to main content

Winter Watcher: Spring Style

So I haven’t really visited Blog Land too much this week. But that’s not to say I haven’t been busy creating. I have some fantastic new images that have kept my hands (and pencils!) quite busy. And I can’t wait to share them with you! But…not yet! Not even a sneak peek! I know, I’m terrible. I will tell you this though. They are from Stamp Insanity’s newest line that will be released very, very soon! You will love them!

But on to today’s project. I had started this version of Sweet Pea Stamp’s Winter Watcher some time ago and never finished her. Well, today was her day! She and her lovely cat are done and mounted on a card!

IMG_0378

I am so done with Winter that I couldn’t bear to make it look Wintry. I needed it to feel more like Spring! So I added some happy little buttons and a few bits of ribbon.

IMG_0379

I think the colors are joyful! Please click on any of the pics to see them bigger! I used Twinkle H2O’s and colored pencils to color this pretty lady and her feline in. The paper is Prism and K & Co.

I so needed a card like this one today! It’s grey and dreary here, so these bright colors definitely helped my sleepy mood! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Comments

Erica said…
This is adorable! I love it! Great work. The colors are fabulous and the image is beautiful. So versatile.
Laura B said…
Pretty! I love the happy buttons! It's dreary here, too.

hugs,
Laura
Unknown said…
Ali...She is just so gorgeous...Honey, you are just rocking your creations these days!! Beautiful work!! Xx
Michele Kovack said…
This is absolutely gorgeous!!!
Alyssa S said…
Gorgeous! Love the springy colors and your title makes me think of that movie The Watcher in the Woods with Bette Davis. My parents would rent that for me and I'd watch it over and over!!
Kim Wilson said…
Thank you for the comment :) I thought I was already following you but guess I didnt click the last button that finalizes it so I am now lol! Cant wait to work with you guys!!!
Rebecca said…
That cat is fabulous! I really like the colors and buttons you used on this card! Just GOR-GEOUS!
Randi said…
Love your spring Sweet Pea card Alison!! This image looks beautiful in the 'springy' colors!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...