Friday, February 3, 2017

Laurel Burch Hop

Hello! Have you heard? Stampendous now has Laurel Burch stamps! Laurel Burch was a very popular artist back in the 80's, who has sadly passed away, but we are thrilled to help keep her artwork alive.

I used the large flower from the Blossoming Woman stamp set. There is a die set too, but I don't own it, so I just fussy cut the image out after I colored it. I used Zig Clean Color Markers for this image. On the Stampendous web site, there is a chart with Laurel's color palette of choice, but it lists the colors in Copics. So I used Zigs that were as close as possible to the coordinating Copic markers.

I used a Sizzix die to make my tag base, which was some scrap black cardstock with gold ink. For an additional pop of color, I added some red cardstock to one corner. Yellow chiffon ribbon topped it off. I like these images because they are fast and simple to color. I like the tribal feel to them as well. Please be sure to visit the Stampendous blog to see who's posted this week. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

4 comments:

McStamper said...

Love your fantastic tag.

Janelle Stollfus said...

Very pretty little tag!! I love the flowers, they're so interesting. I haven't colored mine yet. Can't wait now!

Jean said...

Such a fun idea!

Viki Banaszak said...

So pretty! The red and blue is very eye catching.