Skip to main content

Soap Bottle



Hello! I love making (and receiving!) hand made gifts, and of course this is the perfect time of year for that. I decided to decorate a plain foaming soap bottle. Truth be told, I didn't make this as a gift. It was for my house, but I may just get a few more of these soap bottles and make them as gifts for people. To take it a step further, you can easily make your own foaming soap and add it to the bottle before giving it as a gift. It's perfect for a housewarming present!

I bought this foaming soap bottle for about $6, and I knew right away that I wanted to use StazOn Studio Glaze to decorate it. So I washed the bottle down and chose my colors to go with my bathroom.

I turned my bottle upside down and squirted on lines of Claret Studio Glaze, allowing it to have a nice big drip at the bottom. I varied the lengths of the lines, and kept plenty of room in between them to add the other colors. I worked on a scrap piece of cardboard, so that I could easily turn the bottle around without touching it.

Next I chose Gothic Purple. I did the same drippy, varying lines all around the bottle's base. I made sure to not put any of the Studio Glaze directly on the bottom of the bottle, because I didn't want it to be wobbly.

The third color I used was Midnight Blue. I made sure to not have a pattern. Some lines touch, while others have room in between them.

My next 2 colors were Emerald City and Cactus green. The colors will look different once they are dried.

Last, I filled in the gaps with Cotton White. I did need to go back and add a random color in certain areas, but this process only took about 15 minutes to complete.

After the Studio Glaze dried, I decided to repeat the process along the top of the bottle as well. Here is a close up of the completed dry Glaze.

The colors are deeper and more translucent, but they are still quite vibrant. I love the drips going in both directions, and my family thinks it looks great in our bathroom. You can easily do this technique on an inexpensive set of drinking glasses or a mug. They could all make great gifts. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Supplies:
Imagine:
Studio Glaze: Claret, Gothic Purple, Midnight Blue, Emerald City, Cactus Green, Cotton White

Other: Foaming Glass Soap Bottle

Time to Complete: About 30 minutes, plus drying time
Skill Level: Basic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Mouse Hop: Nurse Mouse

Hello! I am excited to bring you my first of two posts today. This post is for the House Mouse & Friends Blog Hop. My second will be for Aurora Wings. You can click HERE to see that post. But don't leave yet! Read to the bottom of my post to find out how you can have a shot at winningMy House Mouse project features the adorable Nurse Mouse stamp. My full instructions and supply list is below.
Supplies:
Stampendous:
HMP62: Nurse Mouse
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
STF082: VersaFine Onyx Black Ink

Others:
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side
Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 024, 028, 029, 050, 052, 064, 065, 069, 071, 072, 090, 091, 092, 094, 095, 096, 098, 222, 260, 302, 900, 901, 902
Imagine: Silver irRESISTable Pico Embellisher, StazOn White Opaque, Sponge Dauber
Canson Mixed Media Cardstock
Ranger: Water Brush
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Red Cardstock: unknown
Directions:
1. Stamp the image with VersaFine on to Mixed Media paper. This paper holds water well, so since I used a water brush…

Holiday Spirit: Aurora Wings Challenge #73

Seasons Greetings! Today I have a project for the latest Aurora Wings Challenge which is "Holiday Spirit." I decided to take the theme as a two-fer. Not only is this a holiday card, but the "spirits" are flowing too.

I used the Wine Sprite for my card, and gave her a Merlot look. I colored her with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Here's a closeup.

I found a lovely paper in my stash from Wild Rose Studio from their Holly Lane collection. For my sentiment, I had some pretty red glitter cardstock from DCWV that I die cut with an old alphabet set from QuicKutz. I also added some sequins from a few different Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. The sequins and the sentiment were all glued on with On Point Glue from Imagine.

On my card base, I inked the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink, and then Peeled Paint Distress Ink. After I adhered my background to my base, I added Rock Candy Stickles to the edges. This gave just a touch of sparkle.

So &quo…

Windowrama and Helebore

Hello! The January 2019 catalog from Stampendous is officially out! You are going to love the new products, especially the new die set that the team is featuring this week. It's called the Windorama Die Set and it is so versatile and fun! I will be suing this die set quite a bit! I am also using some of the newest stamps, including the Small Hellebore. I love hellebore flowers... I have some growing in my garden. I love their deep and unusual colors, which I tried to capture in my project for today. My full instructions are below.
Supplies:
Stampendous:
RS-Q241: Small Hellebore
DCP1012: Windowrama Die Set
6CR011: Dahlia Collage
SSC1308: Script Sayings
DP111: Detail Black Embossing Powder

Other:
Bazzill: Parrot
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 040, 046, 047, 053, 082, 090, 095
Imagine: VersaMark, Sweet Plum Memento Ink, VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne
Lavender and green cardstock
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
Posca Pen: White
Canson Mixed Media XL

Directions:
1. Stamp the Hellebore image…