Skip to main content

Lunar Eclipse: DCWV Collaboration with Imagine


Hello! The Imagine team was given various papers from different DCWV collections. I was given Zodiac, which is really an outer space/lunar set. Gorgeous blues, purples, and holographic papers with wonderful starry patterns. Needless to say, this collection was right up my alley.

I had taken a photo of the lunar eclipse that occurred back in September of 2015 with my cell phone, through my mom's telescope. I absolutely love this photo, and I knew that these papers would highlight it perfectly.


I cut out a few circles in a variety of sizes from DCWV's Brights Collection. Then I sprayed my craft mat, blew on the spray a little and tapped the circles into the color. Here, I am using Tuxedo Black, but I also did this with Paris Blue. For the gray circles, I used Sheer Shimmer Frost.

I sprayed Sheer Sparkle Shimmer to the background paper and to the cut out circles, for some extra sparkle. I dribbled a little Sheer Shimmer Frost in the background paper as well.

This pretty ribbon from Creative Impressions has a glimmer to it, so it was perfect for grounding all of my pieces and for adding even more sparkle. I attached it with my On Point Glue. The words and geometric design on the lavender paper is holographic too.

I used my PITT pen to just write my title and date the photo was taken. I wanted to keep the words and numbers to a minimum.

Supplies:
Imagine:
Fireworks! Spray: Paris Dusk, Tuxedo Black
Sheer Shimmer Spritz: Sparkle, Frost
On Point Glue
Craft Mat

Other:
DCWV: Papers from the Zodiac Collection and the Brights Collection
Creative Impressions: 70258- 1/4" Black Glimmer Ribbon
Faber Castell: Black PITT Pen in Small
Coluzzle: Circle Cutter (No longer available, so use whatever circle cutters you already have)

Skill Level: Intermediate
Time to Complete: About 35 minutes, plus drying time.

Comments

ike said…
Super awesome page and what a great photo you took :-D xxxx

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...