Skip to main content

April Showers and Puddle Boots

Hello! We all know the saying, April showers bring May flowers. Well, the Stampendous team is celebrating the April showers this week! If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen this card (or it's components) before. I colored the images for The Daily Marker's 30 Day Coloring Challenge. It's so much fun to try to color every day for an entire month. If you're not sure what I'm referring to, check out my Instagram HERE. Here's my project.

I started off by stamping the Puddle Boots with VersaFine ink in Tuxedo Black on to Canson Mixed Media Paper. Then I colored them with Zig Clean Color Markers. I fussy cut the image out, leaving a thin white border around the image.

The background was colored with the Laurel Burch Floral Reflections focal stamp. I adore the composition of these flowers. I've colored them a couple of times and they are just so pretty. I stamped the flowers in 2 opposing corners and colored them with my Zigs. My sentiment is from the Laurel Burch Floral Greetings set, and I stamped it with Rich Cocoa Memento ink from Imagine.

These images are so bold and bright, I really didn't want to add anything else to the card. I created a brown card base and called it a day. I don't know what it is about this card, but it's one of my favorites that I've made this year so far. I hope you like it too! Please be sure to visit the other folks from Stampendous that are posting along with me today. Their links are below. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Stampendous Blog

Alison Heikkila (that's me)

Kristine Reynolds

Comments

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ these vibrantly colored boots and 🌹 🌺 🌹 🌺! So festive and fun! Let the rain fall so we can all go out and dance in the puddles! Then we can make flower crowns with the May flowers! TFS!
Mary Holshouser said…
Bright and colorful.
thanks for sharing.
McStamper said…
Great card. Love the rain boots stamp.
Stampendous said…
The combination of Laurel Burch flowers and boots in such the energetic color is just remarkable! Thank you for sharing this week!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...