Skip to main content

Imagine and Flourishes Blog Hop

Hello! Today is an exciting day, because the Imagine team is hopping along with Flourishes. I decided to use the My Cup Overflows clear stamp set, because coffee has been a bit of a requirement in my life lately.


I started off by stamping the images with Rich Cocoa Memento ink, and then I colored the mages with a few Memento markers. I die cut the colored images with a Fitted Frame from Stampendous.

I found some deep teal cardstock that I used for a nice layer. I stamped it with the fun coffee beans that come in the stamp set, and i used the Rich Cocoa Memento ink again. Another mat was made from a rich elderberry cardstock to pull out the purple in the coffee cup. I layered everything on a white card base.

A huge thank you to Flourishes for this wonderful blog hop! If you'd like to see more, please visit all of the hoppers by using the links below. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!






Alison Heikkila - http://alisonsrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/ (that's me!)







Jennifer Vanderbeek - http://www.scrapsoflife.com/





Gloria Hayoung Lee - http://iiroom1004.blogspot.ca/



Martha Lucia Gomez - http://stampartpapel.com/






Comments

Ravengirl said…
Wow, love this! The styling on your cup looks awesome and the beans make a perfect background!
Renee said…
Brilliant! Love the cup.
Wendy Bellino said…
Hmmmmmm, you had me at coffee! I love the purple cup!
Davi said…
Great job making the background dp and I like the colors too! Super card Alison :)
Mary Holshouser said…
the blue and the purple goes together
so well. Love the way you stamped
the background.
thanks for sharing a great card.
Terre said…
Love this stamp set I also used it in my tea towel with the Memento Luxe Ink
Jean Bullock said…
I love coffee cards. This is very well done and I love the stamped teal background. Looks great.
Vickie Y said…
Love the colors you used; very pretty card.
Nadine Carlier said…
Fabulous card! I love the color combo too!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...