Skip to main content

The Love of a Child: Art Journal Page

Greetings! I am so excited....I've made my first Art Journal page of 2013! It's been ages since I've made an art journal page. I really need to make more, as it I really love doing it. The page I am sharing with you today features Rick St. Dennis' Euro Boy with Hearts.


I had originally intended to put this boy on a card. But then I got inspired by Megan (from Dilly Beans), as she made an art journal page that I loved. I colored him while hanging out with Phoenix, and this image just reminded me of him....I am not going to go into details, but the Euro Boy is giving pure love...just like my boy. And his expression is something that hit home. Sorry for the lack of details, but just know that my boy emotes love no matter what. Even if he isn't saying a word. Hence, the switch in ideas to a journal page.

I colored the Euro Boy with watercolor markers and alcohol markers. And I added a wee bit of Distress Ink to the edge of the paper.

I added some assorted scraps, and even a foam heart from my kids massive collection. My sentiment reads: "There is no love greater than the love of a child." Ain't that the truth. I have been lucky to love and have been loved by wonderful people in my life, but nothing compares to the love my children give me. I am submitting this for the Smeared and Smudged challenge of "Something New." My something new is my image. I think this is a Facebook only challenge, as I didn't see it on the forum. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

DonnaMundinger said…
This is really precious, Alison! Love the image and the pure love that went into this page. Fabulous! Maybe I'll try some journaling again. xxD
Sharon Sahl said…
Lovely story about your son. I miss journaling too - must do it more. Your page is wonderful!
Great page. I really like the boy on the card. He reminds me of somebody, I wonder who that could be?

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...