Skip to main content

New Beginnings with Rick St. Dennis & Snowmen with Dilly Beans

Hello bloggy friends! I am very excited for today's post. Not only do I have a new Dilly Beans challenge to share with you, but today is also my first official post with the Rick St. Dennis Team Glitter! But let's start with Dilly Beans. This week's challenge is Snowmen. Something my kids really wish we could build...but we have no snow! I'm ok with that...but the kids are sad.

This is digi #490: Candy Cane Snowman framed. I love all of the framed images from Dilly Beans. They all have such charm with the way that Megan (owner/designer) offsets the images.

I colored the snowman with Spectrum Noir and Copic markers. I hope you can see the gradation of color in the background...it looks kind of like a sunset.

I hope you will play along! Head on over to the Dilly Beans Challenge blog to do so, and to see what the rest of the DT has created! Now it's time for my Rick St. Dennis project.

This is Euro Girl Hazel, and I think she is adorable. The theme for this challenge is "New Beginnings." Not only is the image new for me, but being a part of this EDT is also new for me, so I've got a two-fer! 

 I colored Hazel with my alcohol markers as well. Sadly, a few of my favorite watercolor markers are beginning to dry out, so I have to rely a bit more on the alcohol based ones. I added 2 thin rows of Ice Stickles, for just a touch of sparkle. My sentiment is from Create with TLC.

I hope you will play along with this challenge as well! Please visit the Rick St. Dennis EDT blog for more info, and to see what my fellow team mates have created. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Kathi said…
Both cards are fabulous.

Congrats on your new team! They're lucky to have you!
Monique's art said…
They are both lovely and so cute
Miranda said…
both cards are gorgeous
~Lady B~ said…
Two gorgeous cards! Welcome to the team, my twisted sistah!
Congratulations on your new design team. You so deserve it.

Both cards are so different in the coloring style but both are really spiffy.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...