Skip to main content

Simply Betty Challenges: Mini Album

It’s my first “official” challenge with Simply Betty Stamps! I love being on both of Betty’s amazing teams! I am part of the “Scrap Team” of SBS, though I am quite sure you will see me play along with the “Card Team” from time to time! Today’s challenge is to make a mini album in a box. And we SBS gals will be featuring the Jude and the Rockers collection for your inspirational pleasure.

Truth be told. I don’t think this album is quite finished yet. I need to add some more little things here and there. Maybe a few small stamps, maybe a few more rhinestones. It’s just not “done” in my eyes yet. Plus, I am thinking of adding some more pages, as my sister Monica took over 200! :) But it’s still cute as is! Take a look. And hey! I upcycled!

I love the coasters you get for your drinks at Outback. They’re nottoo thick, and most of them have a fabulous creamy background color that takes paint beautifully. So, that’s what I used to make my book. Plus, they are 4x4”, so they are perfect for wallet sized photos.

I have 4 images from the Jude and the Rockers collection in my book. And they all worked so perfectly with it! Here’s Jude, on page 2. You can click on any of my pictures for a larger view.

There’s my husband in our castle! The little castle makes him look even bigger than what he already is! ;) Here you can also see Oscar. I colored all of the Rockers with my markers. And check out that cake! Pam (my other sis, owner of Strange Skin, and fellow Burtonesque Doll) created the whole thing for my kidlings! It’s adorable, right?

The Rocker you see here is Britany. Isn’t she cute? She reminds me of one of the kids’ friends that was at the party.

I do love how the back page came out…Rocker Ali is too darn cute. She really reminds me of my Rhiannon, which if you saw my original post with Ali, you’d really see why. Hmmm…maybe I’ll add some feathers to Ali’s head to match Rhi’s?

So what do you think? I’d love to hear your thoughts! Please be sure to stop by the Simply Betty Challenge Blog to see the rest of the Scrap Team’s rad creations! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Laura B said…
So cute! I love the idea of using the coasters.:)
Jennifer said…
Wow, I really like this Alison. It's AMAZINGLY RAD!
Carol W. said…
Super cute album. Great use of the images! TFS
DonnaMundinger said…
OMG!!! this is precious, Alison! Darling stamps and the pix are great too! xxD
Scrappychick said…
Ali this is just rockin! Love the fun colors and these images are just PERFECT with these fabulous pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...