Skip to main content

DICC: Betty’s Itinerary Plus Release Day for Jude & the Rockers!

It’s a big day in bloggyland for those of us who love Simply Betty Stamps! Not only is it release day for Jude and the Rockers, but you will get to meet the last of the Rockers, Oscar! But wait! There’s more! It’s also July1st (how the heck did that happen?!?), so that means there’s a new Desert Islands Crafters Challenge and guess who’s itinerary it is? Betty’s! PLUS…she is sponsoring the latest Fussy and Fancy Challenge! Whew! Betty Boo is everywhere today! Let’s get this party started. First, Bettys DICC Itinerary:

1. My SBS stamps
2. Copics
3. Nesties
4. Distress tool
5. Ribbon
6. Crystals
7. Halloween paper
8. Halloween boarder punches
9. Diamond glaze
10. Pop Dots

For my project I used 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10. Not bad right? Plus, I worked with the Fussy and Fancy sketch:

And here is my card…

How rad is Oscar?! He reminds me so much of Phoenix…especially because of his long hair (which, alas…I will be cutting because the poor kid is just too darn hot in the Summer with it long). I even gave him brown eyes like Phoenix, as opposed to my typical choice of green. Oscar is totally my favorite image from The Rockers collection. He’s just too cool!

He is colored with my pencils and watercolor markers. And the ONE Copic I owned at the time. I have now upgraded to a whopping three, but when I made this card I only had an orange. See it on his shirt?

The zig-zag paper is from an old Halloween collection from Reminisce. The border punch is from Martha Stewart. The coupon is actually a real raffle ticket, from a spool I have. I distressed the edges of the green paper (Prima). And you can see that I popped the circle Oscar is hangin’ out on.

I do hope you will play along with at least one of these 2 challenges. If you join in on the Fussy and Fancy challenge, you have the chance of winning the entire collection of Jude and the Rockers in digi form! So hop on over to F&F, DICC, and of course, Simply Betty to get your paws on this rad new set of stamps! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Lelia Pierce said…
Loving your card, Alison...his shirt looks awesome!

XXX
Scrappychick said…
Excellent Alson! Love the actual raffle ticket, great upcycling! And as always you have these awesome punches I NEED.
Kathi said…
Fabulous coloring job. Great card!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...