Skip to main content

Mediterranean Dreams Shaker

Hello! Today I have a card that features the Mediterranean Dreams Subscription Kit from White Rose Crafts. This fabulous Subscription Kit brings together sparkling, azure Mediterranean seas, sun-bleached shores and the rich colors of vibrant Mediterranean cultures in a carefully curated kit. I knew I just had to try the Jillibean Soup shaker card and I chose to use one of the stamps (from Kaisercraft) to make my background.
I stamped the seashell with Tea Dye Distress Oxide all over the background of the card. Then I applied some Walnut Stain Distress Oxide to my craft mat, spritzed it with some water, and splattered it on to my card base. Last, I inked the edges with Salty Ocean Distress Oxide with a Mini Blending Brush.
For my sentiment, I die cut a stitched rectangle from my stash, out of the pearly yellow cardstock that came in the kit and stamped it with "Wish You Were Here" stamp from the same "Summer Splash" stamp set, with StazOn Pigment ink. And this had to be the easiest shaker I've ever made! The little window is pre-cut on the card base, and the plastic window already has adhesive on it, so you fill it and stick it! I of course used the accompanying Sparkle Blend called "Tropical." It's exclusive to the kit. Plus, I added the feet wooden charm from Kaisercraft.
I love how quickly this card came together because of all the wonderful products in the kit. I kept this pretty simple and didn't even touch any of the stunning patterned papers yet. Wait until you see how great they are!
You can head over to White Rose Crafts to check out all of the contents in the Mediterranean Dreams kit. I look forward to sharing more projects using all of the items included! Don't forget to use my code, "Alison 15" to save 15% off of your purchase. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...