Skip to main content

Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?

Ugh, I can't even believe I used that title....as now that darn song is going to be stuck in my head for days. Not really a huge fan of the film, although it is beautiful, and I do like Olaf. Speaking of the little snowman, this week, the Stampendous team is sharing various projects made with snowmen. And I've got one to share with you today. I used the Build a Snowman set (no, really! That's what it's called!)

I built these 2 friends using several of the stamps in the set. 6 total, plus the sentiment. I also used 5 snowflakes from the set on my card base.

I colored the snowmen with Prismacolor markers, and 2 Spectrum Noir markers. I created the clouds (or crazy avalanche?) using the Picasso Stencil from Stampendous/Dreamweaver. I used Tumbled Glass ink for that. I used a Spellbinders die to cut that funky shape out.

I heat embossed my snowflake background with Sparkle Puff embossing powder. It has just enough dimension, coupled with just enough glitter. That's all for me today.  A couple of other gals are posting today, and the Stampendous Blog will have a list up tomorrow. But today, please visit the ladies below. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Viki Banaszak said…
Sooooo cute! I love your clouds or avalanch. LOL So fluffy.
manateegirl said…
Really cute! Now I need another product to make those fluffy details!
Stampendous said…
Adorbs! Gorgeous stenciled clouds and what a fun sparkly puffy snowflake layer! Thank you for sharing today!
What a sweet card!!! I really love the cloud background!! TFS!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...