Skip to main content

Time with Friends and Stampendous!

Greetings! This week, Stampendous is sharing projects that focus on family and friends. Very appropriate for those of us in the States will be celebrating Thanksgiving this week. I made a card using Furry Friends.

Stampendous:
P270 Furry Friends
FRGL01 Multi Crystal Glitter Mix
TP119 Vintage Lilac Tinsel Embossing Powder
MEM01 Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink by Tsukineko®
VM001 Versamark Watermark Ink Pad
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
Dreamweaver Stencils:
DWDPP Pearlescent Embossing Paste
DWDPK Palette Knife
Plus:
Chameleon Markers: BR2, BR5, BG4, VO4, CG8, PK3, YL2, BL3, YG3
Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Spellbinders Card Creator Dies: A-2 Matting Basics A Set
Chestnut Roan Ink by Clear Snap
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
Adhesive gems

  1. I stamped out and then colored the Furry Friends image with the Chameleon Pens listed in the supplies. Next, I fussy cut the image out, but left a thin white border around the image so as to not lose the fuzziness of the animals.
  2. The card base was cut to 5 1/2″ x 8.” The color is called Tropical.
  3. I then used 2 Spellbinders Card Creator dies to cut the mats. She used 2 Scoops in Cookies & Cream (the pre-textured cardstock), and Kachina.
  4. On the Kachina piece of cardstock, I took Pearlescent Embossing Paste and applied it to look like snow around all 4 edges with her palette knife, doing 2 sides at a time. I then sprinkled Crystal Embossing Powder on the first 2 sides, and heat set it. Next I repeated this on the 2 other sides.
  5. Next, Chestnut Roan ink was applied to the Cookies & Cream colored cardstock around the edges. Versamark Watermark Ink was applied to the card base around all 4 edges, and then Vintage Lilac Embossing Tinsel was sprinkled on to the edges and heat set.
  6. All layers were then glued, and 2 foam dots were applied to the antlers and bird to accommodate the thickness of the card.

Here's a good look at the texture. 

These friends are just the sweetest, and I loved making this card. Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog and the rest of the gals that are posting this week. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 

Comments

Ellibelle said…
Such cute stamps and love your coloring!
Shari said…
Very pretty card. I really like those colors. Love this stamp. ♥
TracyM #6773 said…
CUTE furry friends, BEAUTIFUL colouring and FABULOUS card!!!
LOVE your colour combo, snowy border and pretty purple embossed edges around the card base too ... LOTS for me to try :)
P Beatty said…
Awwww, this is SO CUTE! I love the colors too!
Stampendous said…
This is SO CUTE! What a fun way to frame the image! Thank you for sharing today!
Viki Banaszak said…
This is such an adorable card. The layers match perfectly with the critters. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Sabrina said…
Such a cute card!!!
Pam Hornschu said…
Wonderful coloring! Love the fluffy look on the bear, and the unique color combo.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...