Skip to main content

Harvest Owl: Playing with Paste


We are still playing with paste over on the Stampendous blog! Have you tried embossing paste yet? Hopefully you've been inspired to play after seeing so many great projects this week!
***If you are looking for my A Day for Daisies and Left of Center post, please click HERE.
For today's card, I used the brand new Harvest Owl stamp, along with one of my all-time favorite stencils, the Houndstooth. 



Instructions:

  1. Color the Harvest Owl using Chameleon Colors listed, or other colors of your choosing. Then, you can cut the image out.
  2. Using the largest Label One die from Spellbinders, die cut a purple piece of Bazzil cardstock. 
  3. Cut card base using cardstock- 6 1/2 x 9 3/4." The edges were then inked with embossing ink, and Aged Wine Embossing Powder was heated and melted (from the bottom of the cardstock).
  4. Blue cardstock was cut to fit inside the card base, and one side was ripped for added texture. The Houndstooth stencil was placed on to the blue cardstock, and Glossy Black Embossing Paste was applied only to certain areas. One side was embossed first to accommodate the size of the cardstock versus the stencil. While the paste was still wet, Metallic F/X Powder (colors listed in supplies) was sprinkled on by using a brush dipped into the powder and then tapped over the paste. Gently tap the cardstock once the colors have been applied to blend the colors a bit. Brush off the excess once the paste is dry. Once the first side was dry, this step was repeated on the other side of the cardstock. 
  5. The final step is to attach all of your pieces, including a pretty ribbon from May Arts.

Supplies:
Stampendous:W156 Harvest Owl
MEM01 Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink by Tsukineko®LJ913 Houndstooth Dreamweaver Stencil

Glossy Black Dreamweaver Embossing Paste
Metallic F/X Powders in Sapphire, Forestry, Eye of the Tiger, Gold Dust
Aged Wine Embossing Enamel from the Purple Frantage Encrusted Jewel Kit
Stampendous Mixed Media Paper
Plus:Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
Chameleon Pens: PK3, BG4, YG3, PR4, BV4, OR4, BL3, YO3, YL2
Ribbon from May Arts
Labels One Die Cut by Spellbinders

Here's the link list for the gals sharing projects today:

Comments

Beautiful stenciling...and I love that purple owl!
Lea said…
Super cute owl and the stencil you used is one of my favs!
Pammejo said…
Fabulous card, love the owl stamp...it is one of my favorites
Viki Banaszak said…
Wow! You got such gorgeous colors on the Houndstooth stenciled design. It all looks so wonderful together.
Holy Shazam!! The houndstooth embossing is AMAZING!!! Absolutely gorgeous!! TFS!
Pam Hornschu said…
Love the color shift on the pasted bits!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...