Skip to main content

Rock Goddess

Greetings! I have a card to share with you that I am entering in the latest Kenny K,  Smudgy Antics and Paper Creations Ink challenges. Kenny K’s challenge is to “Bling it On,” while at Smudgy Antics, it’s “Tall, Dark & Gruesome.” Lastly, at Paper Creations Ink it’s Love/Romance. Ok…well Star from Kenny K may not be gruesome, but she’s tall (when she’s standing) and has dark hair.

Hmmm…maybe she IS gruesome…could she be hiding her fangs behind her arm? It’s possible… But it IS clear that she has a “love” for her guitar…so I think she fits into the PCI challenge.

I colored Star in with my watercolor markers and Copics. I also used some Sakura Star Dust pens as eyeliner and for her laces.

See the sparkly? That, along with the rhinestones add to the “Bling it On” challenge. The star stamp is from Inkadinkado.

And of course I wanted to get some Smeared Ink stamps on here as well, so the “Goddess” and the barbed wire are both from SI.

I hope you’ll stop by tomorrow, because it’s time for the Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop! I chose a fun challenge for the participants (at least, I thought it was fun!), so I do hope you’ll hop along with us. Thanks for stopping by today. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Laura B said…
Awesome card! I can't wait to see what you've made for tomorrow's hop.:)
ike said…
Great colours on this card - it really pops and I especially like how you did her boots :-) Thank you for playing at Smudgy Antics this week :-D xxxxx
KC said…
your colors on this ROCK :) I love the red boots!!! and I like the idea of fangs behind her arm!
~Lady B~ said…
Awesome coloring, girl! You card looks fab! Thanks for playing along with Smudgy Antics this week!
Arts by Sara said…
I absolutely LOVE this card! You did a wonderful job of coloring, as usual and the patterned paper, funky ribbon are just perfect! Hugs and Have a wonderful day!
Sugar said…
love all the great colors! fabulous job!
Monique's art said…
love it such beautiful colours, great card
Heather said…
Love your bad girl card. Thanks for joining this week's challenge on Smudgy Antics.
Wenda said…
Fabulous card I love it, thanks for joining us at KKKG this week and good luck on the challenge.

Hugs Wenda
Tori said…
Great colors and I love the use of the barbed wire stamp. Thanks for playing.

:)tOri
Miranda said…
cool card Alison, love it

thanks for joining our challenge
hugs
Miranda
PCI DT
Kathi said…
Fabulous coloring on your great card.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...