Skip to main content

Steampunk Halloween by Simply Betty Stamps

It’s official! This is my absolute favorite collection that Simply Betty Stamps has put out! I LOVE THIS COLLECTION! It’s the Steampunk Halloween, and believe me when I say, you are all going to want it! All of the Steampunks are incredible, and I really have a ton of projects I plan on doing with all of the older sets…but this one…oooh…this set rocks my socks to the max! Plus, it’s a big collection (in size and quantity)! There are 7 images in this set! And they are about 5 inches tall. You will want them all! Ok…I can’t wait any longer…let’s take a peek!

Let’s start off with Draco the Ghost Gent. He is creepy cool…seriously.

Look at his clothes! Look at his face! Look at the awesome top hat! Can you tell I’m excited? ;) Now…look at the background. If you stopped by yesterday and saw my latest Bombshell Stamps creation, I made a card using this same mask (from Tim Holtz). I am on a serious mask kick lately (perhaps because Halloweenie is coming?!), as you will see on several projects this week.

I colored Draco in with my markers, using very soft, almost pretty tones. Then I aged those colors by using layers of grey and tan. For the backgroung, I had a scrap leftover that was previosly sprayed with a couple shades of Glimmer Mist. I took my clock Mask and chalked brown on top of it, to give the clock a subtle, ghostly vibe.

You can see the glimmer a bit here. The sentiment is from Stampendous. I won it from Cyndi’s awesome blog…and this image is actually part of a much bigger, Halloween sentiment stamp. Now…on to Bella the Vampire!

Isn’t she stunning? She is so very elegant…and lethal. ;) I love coloring her dress.

More watercolor markers here. And…another mask. This one os from Heidi Swapp. Love. It. Lots of layers of Distress Ink for this one. Plus three, teeny rhinestones!

I used foam dots to pop Bella off the page. Look out! She may come to get you! Next up is Jacob the Werewolf…

I made a book mark! With a paint chip! I have a bit of an obsession with paint chips. I use them fairly often, and every time I am in a home goods store, I come home with a wad of them. My friend Rebecca made me a lovely bookmark with a paint chip last year…and you can see some of her others HERE.  So that’s where the inspiration came from. But look at that handsome wolf…

I love his outfit. How it’s starting to rip in the sleeves since he’s transforming??? So cool! More with the markers and masks here. But different techniques from the others.

You wouldn’t want to be on his bad side!!! I have one more image to show you…but alas, no project for her. Say hello to Gillian the Ghost. IMG_3025

I just ran out of time. And I feel really bad about it because she already looks so sad! But, she'll just have to wait a little longer before I finish a project with her. But I doubt she’ll cheer up even then…

So what do you think of these images? You’ll have to wait one more day before you can buy them. But don’t wait. Because I am quite sure that they are going to sell very quickly! Now hop on over to the Simply Betty Stamps Blog to see what the rest of the DT has created with these stunning images. Please be sure to visit me again tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

OH WOW Alison!!!....when do these go on sale?

What FAB samples and your colouring is beautifull, as usual :)

Fiona. x
Debbie said…
Wowzer! fabulous!

DebbieM
Laura B said…
Oh my! Gorgeous creations!:)
Bonnie said…
You're right, I want all of these stamps. You did a really terrific job on these cards.
Carol W. said…
Fabulous job Alison! Thank you for sharing!
sammi said…
Fabulous projects, as always, Alison! Love your paint chip bookmark
Robin said…
Awesome job! These new images are great. Love your coloring job and the designs you used.
Regan said…
Magnificent! Awesome images and even more fabulous creations with them! :)
{hugs}
Regan
callyannc said…
Groovy projects! You did an amazing job on all of these! I love all the cool details in each image! TFS CallyAnn
Steph said…
Amazing! Beautifully colored and I'm lovin those backgrounds too.
Oh my Alison. You and masks work so well together!!! I think you have me convinced I need to shop for the clock one. LOVE THESE!
DK Spins said…
Great projects Alison! Love the masking you did for the backgrounds, and I can totally picture Gillian as the ghost bride who was left at the altar, only to starve herself over the loss of love. Been watching too many "Ghost Adventures" Love them all!
I want. I want. I want. Seriously, if I give you puppy-dog eyes can I have them?
DonnaMundinger said…
Oh Alison! I have no words! Love, love, LOVE! xxD

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

Remembering Aletha

Greetings, Friends. This post today is part of a very special blog hop. We are celebrating the life of an amazingly talented artist and friend. The crafting community lost Aletha Jane Williams on May 5, 2019. Those of us that worked with her on Design Teams or on Challenge Blogs all agree that she was one of the sweetest and most talented women we knew. We are not here to mourn her loss though. This hop is happening in conjunction with a very special celebration of her life and her art that her husband Bob is holding in her home city of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Please join us in honoring our incredibly creative friend Aletha . My card features the "Remembering Aletha" Sprite, which Mitzi (owner and artist of Aurora Wings ) created specifically for this hop. She is generously giving the digi away to all, over on her blog. This sweet Sprite looks so much like Aletha, and I know she would have been honored. If you download this digi for yourself, please be sure to give a huge "