Skip to main content

Week 2 with Dreamweaver Stencils

Hello! I am excited to share my second project as a Guest Designer with Dreamweaver Stencils. The challenge for the month is Clouds, Showers, and Mists. I made a card that's very different from the art journal page I made last week. But I used the same Rain stencil. I love showing how different the same stencil can look depending on what you pair it with. To see last week's post, please click HERE.

I colored the rain with my Crayola airbrush, as I did last week. But this time, I used a cream colored cardstock, to keep it cheery and light. Then, I used White Embossing Paste with my Plum Blossom stencil right on top of the rain drops. After the paste dried,  I applied some Metallic F/X in Pixie Blush, and a bit of Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

I love that you can see some hints of the rain coming through the flowers. See how sparkly the Pixie Blush is? Love this stuff!

I cut out a few ovals and layered them, added some ribbon, a chipboard sentiment, and some pretty Anna Griffin vellum to my background. I think it's a happy, Springy card, which again...is much different from the goth art journal page from last week. I hope you like it! Would you like to see more? Below is a blog list of the gals on the Dreamweaver DT...please drop by and leave them some love. And if you want even more (who can get enough of Dreamweaver?!), then head on over to Facebook and "Like" their page! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!



Alison Heikkila (that's me!)

Comments

Pam Hornschu said…
Gotta' love that Pixie Blush, Alison! Very sweet card. Crayola airbrush...hmmm. Very clever!
Lea said…
I love this card, so sweet! Your shading on the blossom is perfect! I'm so glad you got to play along with us this month. Great card, Sweetie!
Louise said…
Wonderful card Alison. I, too, love how background color comes through the white paste to just give a hint of the other color. Thanks for joining our team this month!
Cherylynn said…
Such a different feel this week than last week's! I love how stencils can do that. This card is so playful and feminine. Love it!
Beautiful and so different for you. It's cherry blossom season here and this card is perfect for it
Jenn Borjeson said…
Oh it's so pretty and sparkly, love it! :)
Lyn Bernatovich said…
Such a sweet card Alison with a soft vintage appeal. Love your choice of colors.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...