Skip to main content

You Make the World Beautiful: Focus on Delicata Ink


Hello! During the month of September, the Imagine Artists in Residence were challenged to use the super lustrous Delicata Inks. Well, this is no challenge for me, as I absolutely LOVE these inks. They have the most beautiful glimmer to them. All of the inks used on my card today are Delicata inks. And perhaps you are noticing a few new colors... In August, Imagine introduced 6 brand new Delicata colors, and today I am using 4 of them.  My card uses stamps from the Hero Arts "You Are Loved" stamp set. I love this set becuase of all of the beautiful messages it has, but also because a portion of the proceeds go to an anti-bullying campaign.

Directions:
1. Stamp the globe on to Smooth Bristol Paper (it doesn't have to be this paper, but I love how smooth it is, and that it holds ink really well) with VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black. Emboss the image with Black Embossing Powder.

2. Using a Brush Tip Fantastix, apply the Emerald Green Delicata Ink to where the "land" is.

3. Use another Brush Tip Fantastix to apply the "sea" with Sapphire Blue Delicata Ink. If some color gets on to the embossed areas, don't worry. Heat set the ink to speed up drying time (be careful not to remelt the embossing powder), and then you can wipe away the excess.

4. Cut the globe out and set aside.

5. On a piece of vellum, stamp the sentiment with Ruby Red Delicata Ink. Heat setting is required to make the ink permanent on vellum.

6. Die cut the sentiment with the Large "G" Fitted Frame. Set aside.

7. Create the card base with a textured black cardstock. Cut it to 5 1/2" x 8." Fold in half.

8. Swipe Champagne Delicata Ink across the card in a horizontal arc. Repeat a couple of times until you get the look you want.

9. Start to lay out your elements to figure out the placement. I added some sparkly washi tape that I thought went well with the Delicata Ink.

10. To get even more shine, I added stars from the same stamp set with Celestial Copper Delicata Ink.

11. Since Vellum is transparent, you don't want your adhesive to show. Place mini Glue Dots were it will be hidden, such as under the globe, and behind the star.

12. Adhere the globe with black foam squares.

13. For additional dimension, I used irRESISTables Pico Embellisher in Shimmer. The photo above shows them while they are still wet.

Just look at all of that fantastic shine!

Thank you for checking out my tutorial today. If you haven't already, I really encourage you to try out any of the Delicata Inks. They are even more beautiful in person. Have an inspiring day!

Supplies:
Imagine:
Delicata Inks in Emerald Green, Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, Champagne, Celestial Copper
VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black
Black Embossing Powder
Fantastix: Brush Tip
irRESISTables Pico Embellisher in Shimmer

Other:
Hero Arts: You Are Loved Stamp Set
Stampendous: Fitted Frames Set B
Queen & Co.: Washi Tape
Glue Dots: Mini
Scrapbook Adhesives: Black Foam Squares
Strathmore: Smooth Bristol Paper
Black Textured Cardstock
Vellum

Skill Level: Beginner
Time to Complete: 20 Minutes, plus drying time

Comments

Kathi said…
Gorgeous!! So, the answer is "Yes! I need the new Delicata ink". Congrats for enabling the enabler. :D

Popular posts from this blog

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

House Mouse Hop: Nurse Mouse

Hello! I am excited to bring you my first of two posts today. This post is for the House Mouse & Friends Blog Hop. My second will be for Aurora Wings. You can click HERE to see that post. But don't leave yet! Read to the bottom of my post to find out how you can have a shot at winningMy House Mouse project features the adorable Nurse Mouse stamp. My full instructions and supply list is below. Supplies: Stampendous : HMP62 : Nurse Mouse DWLX7026 : Chevron Stencil STF082: VersaFine Onyx Black Ink Others : My Colors Cardstock : Ocean Side Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 024, 028, 029, 050, 052, 064, 065, 069, 071, 072, 090, 091, 092, 094, 095, 096, 098, 222, 260, 302, 900, 901, 902 Imagine: Silver irRESISTable Pico Embellisher, StazOn White Opaque, Sponge Dauber Canson Mixed Media Cardstock Ranger: Water Brush Beacon Adhesives : Zip Dry Glue Red Cardstock: unknown Directions: 1. Stamp the image with VersaFine on to Mixed Media paper. This paper holds wa