Friday, January 27, 2017

Sympathy Card

Hello! Card makers love to make joyous cards, commemorating wonderful life events. Birthdays, weddings, graduations, etc. Unfortunately, we also need to make cards for sad things such as the passing of a loved one. It's always good to have a few of these on hand, because I know that for me, when I lose someone, I do not want to make a card. So it's best to have these done ahead of time. Below is a simple card that can be done in any color range you like. I went with this month's color choice from Imagine, which is Wintergreen.

Supplies:
Imagine:
VersaColor- Seafoam, Mint, Celadon, Evergreen
Embossing Powder- Clear
Delicata Ink: Silvery Shimmer

Other:
Stampendous: Those We Love stampMixed Media Paper

For this card, I started off with Stampendous' Mixed Media Paper, which is nice and smooth, and I cut it to 5 1/4" x 3 3/4." I rubbed the Seafoam across the top and covered about 1/3 of the paper. Next I used the Mint Versacolor and covered another third of the paper. I finished it up with the Celeadon ink on the bottom third. I heated the paper with my embossing gun so that it would dry.

I stamped my sympathy image with Evergreen Versacolor and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I roughed up the edges a bit with the blade of my scissor. I inked up my card base with Silvery Shimmer Delicata ink to add some shine.

This card came together very quickly, and again, it's always good to have a few of these on hand. You can try it in any color combination of colors, though I like to keep this style of card soft in color.

Skill Level: Basic
Time to Complete: 15 Minutes

No comments: