Skip to main content

Lil Miss Muffin Rio, S&S 12 Days of Christmas, and a New DICC

Hello! Did you enjoy yesterday’s Bombshell Hump Day Hop? I sure did! Today I have 2 projects to share with you. I have the latest preview from Simply Betty Stamps first. But also, there is a new Desert Islands Crafters Challenge plus, with it being December 1st, it marks the first day of the Smeared & Smudged 12 Days of Christmas!

As I mentioned above, today is another preview day for SBS. This is Little Muffin Rio. And she’s yet another fabulous image from the Teen Scene Kitchen Fun collection.

Mmmm….don’t you want a muffin now? I sure do! I used my watercolor markers yet again, and I also used that super rad Crafter’s Workshop stencil in the corners of the white cardstock.

Used a mess of scrap paper, and a sentiment from Just Rite. I hope you are as excited about this collection as I am!

Now, on to the latest DICC, which I combined with Day 1 of the S&S 12 Days of Christmas. Here’s the DICC Itinerary. As always, you need to use at least 3 of the items listed.

Beth Ranney-Thomas’ Itinerary

1) Aluminum Foil
2) Glue Used in a non-traditional way
3) Paint {Acrylic or Watercolors}
4) Embossing
5) Beads
6) Use Green & Blue
7) Christmas Theme
8) More the 5 layers{ base = 1 layer}
9) Not A Card
10) Glitter

I had a totally rad project in mind for this one (the aluminum foil really inspired me! But I just didn’t want to have 3 projects posted in one day…so I had to nix the idea. But, I will say that this card is very pretty in person. I used #’s 4, 6, 7, and 10 from the Itinerary.

This is not a very good photo. And unfortunately…it’s the only one I have. See, this card was a custom order for Phoenix’s former teacher. And I could have sworn that I took several pics of it, but damned if I know what file they’re in. And of course, she already has the cards, so I can’t take more pictures. You’ll have to believe me when I say that the tree is embossed with a beautiful clear and holographic glitter. When the light hits it, it really looks like the tree is lit up.

So, you ghave a lot of hopping to do today! Be sure to visit the SBS Blog to see more with sweet, Lil Miss Muffin Rio. Then hit DICC for more inspiration. Lastly, there are the S&S Jolly Bloggers! They are all listed in my side bar.

One more thing…I want to wish my girl Kelli a super-duper Happy Birthday! We all lurve the hell outta you here! Mwah! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Linda said…
Great cards - are those Chrismtas muffins being baked? Delicious.
Wow Alison, when you said that you have busy... you weren't foolin'!!! I love both of these cards and I wish i could see the Christmas tree in real life, ya know how I am about shiny things!!! LOL!! I hope you have a wonderful day!! Hugs!!!
Jane said…
Fantastic cards Alison the tree looks awesome
Luv Jane xxx
Jamie said…
Very cool cards! Amazing work!
monique said…
beautiful cards, well done
MaRyKaY said…
Those are both great cards. I love the new betty stamps. I dont believe I have any of those yet. I'm still growing. love the christmas tree
Kristina said…
Alison,
Hi there, I just love both of your cards! I know that the cards always look better in RL, so no worries, it's still pretty!

Peace,
KristyLee
ike said…
Super cards - my fave is the Chrimbo tree... just gorgeous xxxx
...just Barbara said…
Both cards look great! I love the corner details you did on the Rio image and the way you tinted her glasses is awesome! :D
~Lady B~ said…
goregeous projects, alison!
Both are super cards Alison. SB one is so cute and the tree looks like some of ours last winter. The little bird really stands out. H x
Gorgeous projects Alison, the SBS new releases and your Christmas tree is FAB!
paula akers said…
beautiful cards! fantastic and festive colors! TFS!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…