Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Rhiannon! New DICC and Day 8 of the 12 Days of Christmas

It’s my Baby Girl’s 3rd Birthday today! I cannot believe she’s 3. The time has gone by so fast. Every day she amazes me. I decided to use the newest Desert Islands Crafters Challenge for her Birthday card. Today's Itinerary come from Krissy Fossmeyer, on of our most recent additions to the Island.

Krissy’s Itinerary

1. Buttons

2. Brads

3. Brown & Pink/Blue

4. Cake

5. Stripes

6. Rounded Corners

7. Jute or Hemp

8. The Word 'Happy'

9. Flower

10. Acetate

This sweet little fairy is from Neatz Art Blog, which is my friend Anita Marie’s blog.  This sweet fairy is named Little Lily, and she is just purr-fect for Rhiannon. I used numbers 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 from the Itinerary.

I loved coloring her. And I think that once Rhiannon sees Little Lily, she’s going to want me to print her out so that she can color her in too. I used my watercolor markers for her. Can I just say it was so much fun to color her hair? The way Anita Marie drew it, it’s just wonderful!

This is the inside of the card. Simply, but sparkly! And I used the paper from the outside of the card to tie it all together.  

Of course there’s even more sparkle on the outside. Let’s face it, she is my daughter! I can’t wait to give it to her today!

Now I have my latest Bombshell Stamps card, which was done not only with this month’s Bombshell sketch, but also in conjunction with Day 8 of the Smeared & Smudged 12 Days of Christmas.

Talk about sweet! Mmmmm…I love gingerbread! Look! She smelled so good I had to take a bite out of her! ;) She’s from the newest digi collection; Gingerbread Pin-Up. This set is Limited Edition, so if you like it, grab it quick before it’s gone! By the way, you can see the sketch and what the rest of the Bombshell folks did HERE.

I used my colored pencils for the Gingerbread Girl, as I needed to get her Cookie-Ness just the right color. She’s lookin’ a little pink in this photo, but trust me…in real life, she looks mighty tasty!

The sentiment is also from this new digi set. Super cute! So hop on over to the Bombshell Blog to see all of the latest sketchy goodness. And be sure to visit the Jolly Bloggers, listed in my sidebar. Last but certainly not least, check out the DICC blog, to see what other creations the gals came up with for this latest Itinerary.

And, since I’m sure you’re all waiting for it…here’s my sweet Rhiannon…my (sniff!) 3 Year Old!!!

2011 September 046

2011 September 116

 

2011 September 148

Comments

ike said…
Awesome cards. Love the gingerbread pin up LoL
Your little one is a cutie... I tell you - time flies by soooo fast and then they're all grown. My daughter is 26 now and sometimes it just makes me wanna cry.
Hugz
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jane said…
Fantastic cards. Your little girl is very cute
Luv Jane xxx
Happy Birthday Rhiannon, hope you have a great day :)

Alison your card are gorgeous!!!
Jamie said…
AWWWW so cute!!! Happy Birthday!
Your cards are darling.
I'm sure Rhiannon is going to love her card. 3 is such a fun age.
monique said…
great cards, cute kid ;-)
MaRyKaY said…
great cards and your coloring is awesome
cute pics again
Anita Bownds said…
wow looks awesome love your coloring..
hugs Anita..xx

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…