Skip to main content

Teen Scene Halloween Release Day! Plus a New Burtonesque Dolls Challenge

I am SOOOOO excited about this release! You have NEVER seen images like these before, and I know you are going to want them for yourself! We Simply Betty gals have been waiting for weeks to show them to you! Plus, there’s a new Burtonesque Dolls Challenge too! But I can’t wait any longer for you to see the new images…so let’s start there!

I have always loved the Addams family. My Mom got me started on them when I was really young. I was Morticia for Halloween when I was in 8th grade (that was the first time I wore black lipstick!). My Mom has always quoted them. And now, she has my kidlings call her “Grandmama!”

So where am I going with this? I give you Simply Betty Stamps’ Addams Family!!! Let’s start with Lola as Wednesday…

I love Wednesday. Always have. When Rhiannon gets a little older, I want her to be Wednesday for Halloween…because she will be purrfect as her!!! And how amazing is this image???

I colored her using my watercolor markers, and I love how she turned out. Especially her hair. Check out her raggedy doll!

Me sentiment is from Smeared Ink, and the huge eyeball (which I stamped on a transparency) is from Inkadinkado. My spider web punch is Martha Stewart. Paper from K & Co.

Now on to Betty as Morticia!!! I worked my tail off with her…and again, I am really happy with the end result!

 

Isn’t she stunning??? Ok…you’ve gotta see her close up. You can click on any of my images to see them bigger.

Again, I used my watercolor markers (though the skin on both of these gals was done with Copics). This took me a loooong time! But I think her dress came out so pretty…and almost shimmery. I added some blue chalk behind her to make her stand out and to fill in the white.

My sentiment is from Cosmo Cricket. Ribbon from American Crafts, paper from DCWV, and the bat I had just laying around.

Don’t you NEED to have these ladies for yourself??? Of course, there is a Gomez image…Christian is playing that role…but you’ll need to visit the other gals on the Design Team to see him. :) You will want to have him as well, I promise you!

On to the latest Burtonesque Dolls challenge! We are challenging you to recreate a scene from a Tim Burton movie! Well, that was a wee bit easier said than done for me. But after much deliberation… I decided to go with an Alice in Wonderland card.

I started off by using Tiddly Ink’s Gossemere. She is (was) so pretty. But I decided to creep her out just a bit, so I started drawing on her face. Gave her a heart shaped mouth, and scary eyes. well, I think I took it a little too far. She looks a bit demented now. I hope Christy from Tiddly Inks doesn't get mad at me! (blushing…)

Again with the markers… I sprayed some cheesy heart paper with Haunted Shadow Glimmer Mist. I added some cool stripey paper (I didn’t have checkerboard paper that worked) for a floor, and hand wrote my sentiment.

What’s your favorite Tim Burton movie? Have a favorite scene? Then you need to play along with The Burtonesque Dolls!!! Visit the blog for all of the details and to see what the rest of the DT cooked up for your viewing pleasure.

And I don’t think I need to remind you or persuade you to go to the Simply Betty Stamps shop to purchase the Teen Scene Halloween release. You can’t go wrong with any of these amazing images!!! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

WOW!! Your colors are amazing and the cards are beautiful...in a creepy Addams family kinda way :)

~Jenn~
Star said…
I just love all of your cards! You always have such interesting projects. =D I LOVE the coloring...you're right, it does look shimmery. Aweosme! Love that giant eyeball,too. lol
You were right! the eyeball is perfect with wednesday!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE all of them!!! I dont think you went to far with the TI image!!! wonderful creations and I must know how you did the hair on morticia.....ummmmm i see another weekend visit in the future!
YOU amaze me! I love ALL of them, LOVE them, but Wednesday is the BEST :)
Laura B said…
You need to come teach me how to be better at coloring.:) Beautiful cards! I'm in love with the Addams Family-themed stamps!
michael said…
ik vind ze heel cool
Carol W. said…
WOW fabulous cards! I love love love these images and can not wait to get them all! TFS
Brandy said…
Love the cards! Your coloring is awesome!! Fantastic!!
Mary M. said…
Great blog. Love all the cards. I'll have to check out the new Burtonesque challenge. My new favorite image is Lola and you did an awesome job on her card.
sammi said…
Another awesome group of cards, Alison. I love seeing what you create and the uniqueness you bring to your projects. The eyeball is the perfect touch!
TRACEY O said…
Great card Alison. Love how you made her eyes pop.
Steph said…
Freakin' fantastic! Love the Wednesday card with the giant eye (hehe), the dress on Morticia is a-maze-ing! And I'm loving the way you altered Gossemere, wondeful work on all your cards!
Anonymous said…
OMG! Your colouring is jaw drapping, eye popping gorgeous girl! Love the vibrant green and the dress on Morticia! WOW! You did a friggin amazing job!

Carla
Lilianna said…
You did a very good job with the SB stamps I love your cards!
Regan said…
Fantastic creations! Your coloring on Betty is awe-inspiring! Her hair and dress are gorgeous!!! I have to tell you that I love the eyeball with Lola too! :)
{hugs}
Regan
callyannc said…
I love the papers, colors and sayings. The coloring is amazing! Thanks CallyAnn(new follower)
http://callyanncratycreations.blogspot.com
Scrappychick said…
Holy cow girl, these are ll fabulous! Love the eyeball and yes, your coloring is amazing! It was worth the work!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

House Mouse Hop: Nurse Mouse

Hello! I am excited to bring you my first of two posts today. This post is for the House Mouse & Friends Blog Hop. My second will be for Aurora Wings. You can click HERE to see that post. But don't leave yet! Read to the bottom of my post to find out how you can have a shot at winningMy House Mouse project features the adorable Nurse Mouse stamp. My full instructions and supply list is below. Supplies: Stampendous : HMP62 : Nurse Mouse DWLX7026 : Chevron Stencil STF082: VersaFine Onyx Black Ink Others : My Colors Cardstock : Ocean Side Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 024, 028, 029, 050, 052, 064, 065, 069, 071, 072, 090, 091, 092, 094, 095, 096, 098, 222, 260, 302, 900, 901, 902 Imagine: Silver irRESISTable Pico Embellisher, StazOn White Opaque, Sponge Dauber Canson Mixed Media Cardstock Ranger: Water Brush Beacon Adhesives : Zip Dry Glue Red Cardstock: unknown Directions: 1. Stamp the image with VersaFine on to Mixed Media paper. This paper holds wa