Skip to main content

DICC #14 Plus, a Card for Ryan

It’s time for another installment of the Desert Islands Crafters Challenge! This time around, our Itinerary was created by Suzie McFloozy. If you haven’t played along before, all you need to do is make a project using at least 3 things from the given itinerary. You then have the chance at winning an opportunity to create your own itinerary for us!

In addition to DICC, I wanted to make mention of a very special request, given by my friend Meredith. A dear friend (named Ryan)of her brother was involved in a serious accident, and she is asking we card makers to send Ryan cards to brighten his day. I had intentions of sending the card I am sharing with you today…but I think it may be a bit too girly. So instead, I will be sending a different Bombshell Stamps card…the one I made for the August Sketch. You can see it HERE. Please read all of the details about Ryan and Meredith’s very thoughtful request HERE.

Back to the itinerary! Here it is…

Suzie McFloozy's Itinerary

1 - Dry embossing

2 - Paper piecing (not to be confused with piercing!)

3 - Pearls

4 - Office stationary (paper clips etc)

5 - Kraft card

6 - Ruffles

7 - Stickers

8 - Stitching

9 - Vintage/Old fashioned (could be an image or just style)

10 – Fabric

I used #1, 3, 5, and 9 for my card.

I have a nasty cold, and luckily, I had this version of Bombshell Stamps’ Butterfly Queen already colored up. You can see the dry embossed dots on the purple cardstock. I rubbed some silver paint on top to add to the dimension.

I colored the Butterfly Queen with markers and colored pencils. I used a punch that I have wanted for like, ever and finally got last week. Those sweet stars! I love stars. But that’s a whole ‘nuther story!

But she’s a bit to girly for Ryan, no? I think the other card will be better. Please be sure to check out the rest of what the DICC gals have cooked up for you. Their bloggy’s are listed on my sidebar. Thanks for stopping by. Please drop by Meredith’s blog to consider making a little something for Ryan. Have an inspiring day!

PS: Don’t forget about my Crazy A** Stamp Sale! Click HERE for all of the deets!

Comments

CraftyMomOf2 said…
This is fabulous Alison!! I think Ryan would love it! But anything you send will be amazing!!

Thank you SO much my friend for joining the cause for Ryan!!

HUGS AND HUGS!
Meredith
Scrappychick said…
What guy wouldn't love this beauty? It'll give him a chuckle at least at the Bombshell being his! Beautiful card! Hope he recoups quickly :)
Laura B said…
Gorgeous! Love the colors you used.:)
DK Spins said…
Love the dry embossing & the added bling. What a wonderful card - and not too girly for a guy - she is a pin-up after all.
Gorgeous card Alison, but I agree with you, the card in the link would be better for Ryan :)

Fiona. x
Super card and I really like your new punch.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…