Skip to main content

Release Day for the Burton Weenies!

I know you have been waiting for today…waiting to see the last of the Burton Weenies from Simply Betty Stamps, and waiting for your chance to buy them! Well, that day has finally come! Today, not only will you get to meet Pipper (my personal fave of the bunch), but you can purchase and start to color up this funky group for yourself!

Here is Pipper!

Isn’t she freakin’ awesome? I love her hair…her outfit…her attitude. And, since today is Friday (my Smeared Ink day), I have also used several Smeared Ink stamps on the card to finish it off. Before I get into them though, let’s take a closer look at Pipper.

I love her cupcake barrette. Can you see it? You can click on any of my photos to see them bigger, Once again, I broke out my watercolor markers and used some of the brightest colors in my box (but next time I think she’ll be in purple and black).  I love the bright cheery colors with her sour look.

I used 3 sentiments from Smeared Ink’s Lil Grumpies set, a splatter from Inky Dreams, and the mesh stamp from Quoth the Raven. That’s a lot of Smeared Ink on one little card! I bleached the eggplant colored paper myself quite a while ago. I did an entire 12x12 sheet all at once, and have since cut it up and used the pieces on various projects.

Here you can see the glittery eyeshadow I gave Pipper (Sakura Stardust pen), and her silver metallic piercings. I also stamped the mesh stamp with Dazzle Versa Mark. Not sure how well you can see it though.

I hope you have enjoyed this week of previews. Simply Betty has many, many more releases coming up (some very soon!), and I hope you will be by to check them out. But until then, please visit The Burtonesque Dolls to see more Pipper based creations, and hop over to  the Simply Betty Shop to purchase the super rad Burton Weenies for your self! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Juls said…
this is amazing!!! I love all the fabby bright colours you have used, I especially love her pink hair, and the way you have used the ribbon!!! Hugs Juls

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…