Skip to main content

Smeared Ink Release Hop!

It’s finally time! Finally time for the HUUUUGE release from Smeared Ink stamps! There are so many new sets!!! The Smeared Ink Fall release will feature 5 brand new rubber sets, and a new line of digi images that will be available as sets or single images. They will be available in the shop today and rubber sets will begin shipping on Monday the 6th.

So. Each of the DT members were given one new image to play with. I got a fellow named Lonely Boy and his spider friend Puff. Here is what the entire rubber set looks like:

And here is my creation:

Lonely-Boy-Release-1

I gotta toot my horn a bit…I LOVE how the coloring came out on Lonely Boy. I originally was going to go a different route with my colors, but I am SOOOO glad I changed my tactics!

Lonely-Boy-Release-2

You can click on any of the images to see it bigger.

Lonely-Boy-Release-3

Check out little Puff, tipping his hat to you!

Did you notice that the card is actually a tombstone? I had gotten the image from Cheeky Magpie, and I altered it a bit so that it would actually be the card…and not just stuck on it.

I distressed the hell out of it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, and even added cracks using the same color ad applying it with Cut N Dry Nibs. I drew in the “RIP” with watercolor markers. Lonely Boy is pop dotted so that he appears to be floating past the tombstone.

Lonely-Boy-Release-4 I cut out some grass (and I sure wish I had the Martha Stewart punch that does that!), and added the Walnut Stain to it as well. Then there’s the inside…

Lonely-Boy-Release-5 More Distress Ink, cracks, and a sentiment that is a part of this set. I didn’t go too crazy, as I’m not sure what I’ll be writing on the inside.

Now, I’ve got some other fabulous bits of info that have to do with Smeared & Smudged.

Smeared and Smudged will be adding in a new challenge called the Photo Inspiration Challenge, and in honor of this new challenge we will have a very special giveaway of 2 G45 paper pads: Transatlantic and Fashionista. In order to qualify for the prize drawing you must participate in all five S&S challenges- Sketch(one or both), Oh the Horror, Rock N Rolla, Guest DT Challenge, and Photo Challenge. Those who participate in all five during the month will be entered, and you can combine challenges if you want as long as you post your project in each challenge thread so it will be counted.

Also, and I am very excited about this… is the 31 Days of Halloween. It all started last year with Terra and Kelli, who vowed to make and share one Halloween or Day of The Dead stamped project for each day in October. We had a huge response from others who enjoyed it just as much as we did. So this year, we are going even bigger!

We'd like to invite YOU to join in this year and participate in our 31 Days of Halloween month-long event. We're offering up some cool prizes at the end, and know that you'll have a blast! There are a couple of ways to participate and some creep-tastic prizes up for grabs! Grab the blinkie below and click HERE for all the deets! Sign ups begin NOW!!!

31-days-gif I know…this was a super loooong email, but it had to be! Now, please hop along to the rest of the Smeared & Smudged Design Team. Everyone created some amazing things that are sure to inspire you! Have a fang-tastic ay!!!

Terra ~ Tori ~ Alison(that’s me!) ~ Kelli ~

Kathi ~ Danielle ~ Black Dragon ~ Kim ~

Lady Brayton ~ Meredith ~ Jean

An idendium: I just realized that Lonely Boy totally works for this week's Macabre Monday! "Creepy Cute"!!! And if you don't agree, just check out the comments! I see a bunch of "cute" in there!!! I'm stoked this works for that challenge! It's a great one, as usual.

Comments

~Lady B~ said…
Alison! Holy Crap on Toast! This is fabulous! I am loving what you did with lonely boy and puff! Your creation is amazing and your coloring is fantastic! I love lonely boy paired with the tombstone. Totally brill!
LOL Holy Crap on Toast! I like that!!!

Alison, That is totally cool! So not what I pictured in my head but a gazillion times more awesome!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!
Unknown said…
I knew there was a reason we gave him to you....absolutely fabulous and beyond what we hoped you could do with him! I LOVE your coloring, and the pairing with the tombstone card, which by the way is awesome as well, was a stroke of genious!
KC said…
is it bad that I think he is so cute?!? creepy cute... I love it
Daniella said…
That is awesome!! Your coloring is ridiculous it's so good, and putting the boy on the tombstone? Fabulous!!!!
Unknown said…
Great floating effect with lonely boy. So much inspiration.
blackdragon said…
Simply amazing Alison... i always love what you create .... and this is no exception.... Totally brilliant.
love lynx
Kathi said…
OK. According to your rating system, this is ridiculous.

I freaking love how you've got him floating across the grass over the tombstone. That tombstone card is totally amazing.

And your coloring of the super-cute, yet super-creepy Lonely Boy is fantastic.
Kathi said…
OOps. Not ridiculous. Insane. Yeah. That's it.
Ellis said…
A really cool dude and a tombstone, amazing! =)
Hugs, Elenor
Tori said…
Oh my...Your Lonely Boy is AMAZING! I, too, am in love with your coloring. He's just perfect! The floating look is excellent and I'm diggin' the tombstone opening up. Fantastic job! I want to get some punches too and all the ones I've seen are from the devil herself (MS). She is a genius and I love to hate her. ;)
Kim Wilson said…
Alison this is so rad! :) I love the way you colored him, it was a great combo and worked well! Reminds me of BeetleJuice and I love it!
Anita Bownds said…
oh wow so so awesome Alison,i totally love ya card..hugs Anita
Cheryl Valadez said…
Alison! This is so freakin' cool I don't even know where to start!

Coloring...awesome!
Images...awesome!
Puff...sooooooo flippin' awesome!
Layout and creativity...off the charts awesome!

I guess what I'm trying to say is this is fan-freakin'-tastically AWESOME!!!
It's all been said before - beyond awesome. I can't top that
and yes he is cute
H x
scrappin girl said…
amazing stamps...perfect for upcoming halloween season for those of us who love it.
Andrea C said…
Wow this is creepy cute indeed it rocks x
Kelly Sas said…
You made him so creepy he is cute.... I'm in love!
Allison said…
ooh he's cool
AllisonX
DonnaMundinger said…
Oh I'm telling you Allison, this brings new meaning to "Creepy Cute"! LOVE it! Thanks for joining us for MM at HDH! xxD
blackdragon said…
Just thanking ya for sharing with us at MACABRE MONDAYS Alison..... I still think this is brilliant.... love lynx
Oh this definitely works for Creepy Cute, great job, and thanks for the info about 31 days of Halloween too :D
Thanks so much for joining in with our Macabre Monday Creepy Cute challenge at HDH, and good luck!
Anonymous said…
Super cool card.
Barb said…
Fabulous coloring, Alison, and I LOVE the shape of the card!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

Remembering Aletha

Greetings, Friends. This post today is part of a very special blog hop. We are celebrating the life of an amazingly talented artist and friend. The crafting community lost Aletha Jane Williams on May 5, 2019. Those of us that worked with her on Design Teams or on Challenge Blogs all agree that she was one of the sweetest and most talented women we knew. We are not here to mourn her loss though. This hop is happening in conjunction with a very special celebration of her life and her art that her husband Bob is holding in her home city of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Please join us in honoring our incredibly creative friend Aletha . My card features the "Remembering Aletha" Sprite, which Mitzi (owner and artist of Aurora Wings ) created specifically for this hop. She is generously giving the digi away to all, over on her blog. This sweet Sprite looks so much like Aletha, and I know she would have been honored. If you download this digi for yourself, please be sure to give a huge "