Skip to main content

StampInsanity Challenge #9: Create Your Own Background!

Hello once again! I am so excited about today’s post! Beth and StampInsanity are releasing not one but TWO new sets of digis today!!! And I KNOW you are all gonna love them!!!

twi-chibis-newSETwatermarked 

Here is the first set, called What the Heart Wants. Isn’t it fang-tastic???

Simply Supernatural

Please click on any of the images to see them bigger. These sentiments work with SO many things! I can think of a ton of stamps that they would work for! So what are you waiting for??? Go to Stamp Happens and grab these sets for yourself! Click the link on my sidebar to hop right over and shop! Now, on to my project…

Let me say, I love this card…but it doesn’t photograph too well! It’s way cooler in person! Again, click it to see it bigger! I used Izzy from the first brand new set. She’s so cool! Here’s a close up:

Paranormal2

Broke out my colored pencils again and did my best to make her look just a bit twisted!

For the main background, I used glossy paper and inked it up with 3 colors of alcohol ink. I love the effect you get by dabbing on the colors! It’s like a funky polished stone! I didn’t go too heavy on the colors, I wanted some of the white to show through.

Next, I crumpled up a piece of regular white cardstock and added 3 colors of Distress Ink. Once I applied the colors, I sprayed the stock with water to soften it all up a bit. The colors run together a little which is a wonderful effect! Here’s a close up.

Paranormal4

Then I used on of my fave Sizzix dies to cut out the scrolly square (great description, right?) and added a bit o’ Sakura Stardust pen and some dabs of Tiara Stickles. Ranger’s gonna love me for this project!

Paranormal3

I also added a bit of alcohol ink to the edge of the sentiment (from the second new set), and Izzy as well. I had also shredded it a bit with my edge distresser. I planted the whole thing on a pre-fabbed red card and voila! I think it’s rockin’. Hope you do too!

The rest of the groovy Gurlz have some rockin’ projects too! Go check them out!

Jacquie Jennifer Lisa Juanita

Margie Sarabeth Suzi Tonya

Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

Jennifer said…
Your card is amazing. I love that background. Compared to yours, it looks like I took the easy way. LOL!
Barb said…
Fabulous card, Alison! Love love LOVE the background, & Izzy's red eyes are the perfect touch :)
Erica said…
Very cool! Love the eyes! Great work!
Lisa Foster said…
This is fabulous!!! I love that awesome background and those eyes!!! Way Cool!!!
Hugs,
Lisa
Alyssa S said…
This is freakin' awesome, little lady! The background is so cool and your coloring rocks!!
Beth said…
I LOVE this! Those eyes are flipping RAD! :) You did an amazing job with the background! Awesome job, as always! xxx
Sara said…
great card! the colors rock and the background is amazing!

xo
Extremely cool card! I really like the background you created.:)

hugs,
Laura

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…