Skip to main content

TTIC #55 Monochromatic Color Challenge

Happy Tuesday! Just a couple more days until New Moon is theatres!!! Are you as excited as I am??? There are a TON of awesome things happening over at Twilight Tuesday. If you’re a Twi-fan… them you are going to LOVE what’s coming up! But first, this week’s challenge… thought up by sweet Eve. She asked us to create a monochromatic card using a Twilight inspired color. I actually thought that this was a pretty tough challenge for me. I never work monochromatically. I love mixing colors together way too much! But I’ve gotta say, it really came together quite nicely! Here’s my card:

IMG_8128

I had colored this fantabulous digi (Yes folks, I have tip-toed in to the digi world. Shhh! Don’t tell anyone I’m here!!!) from The Greeting Farm last week. I saw him and just HAD to color him! I mixed my own pearly paint using acrylic (Ceramcoat) and shimmer powder (Jacquard). The consistency of the paint is a little off, but I’m working on fixing it. Then it was all about the colored pencils!

IMG_8130

I love how it came out. I wish you could see the shimmer of his skin better, but it’s subtle…just how I wanted it. So after finishing, I wasn’t sure how I wanted to use him. So he just kinda hung out with me for a few days…

Then Eve’s challenge popped into my head. Perfect! I can do this! Monochromatic card… here I come! And so it was born.

IMG_8129

My other supplies are: paper- Prism, Reminisce. Tag- Basic grey. Brads- American Crafts. Ink- Ranger. Stamp- Artful INKables.

The rest of the Design Team has come up with some awesome projects as well!

Beth ~ Dani ~ Donna

Erica ~ Eve ~ Jen ~ Margie ~ Rebecca ~ Tonya

Julie is off this week

But before you go,I have another exciting tidbit to share. As I mentioned, New Moon comes out this week. Well, I thought it would be awesome to have a layout challenge scrapping all the excitement as you venture off to see the flick! So you need to go to TTIC to see this extra challenge!!! This is in addition to the blog hops we have going on! See? A TON of awesome stuff is happening!!! But I don’t want to make my post too long, so PLEASE head over to Twilight Tuesday for the scoop on my Layout Challenge and the Blog Hop!!!

Comments

Tonya Klar said…
This is fantastic!! I haven't seen that TGF image of Edward! Now I need one! LOL!! You did a gorgeous job on this. How clever to make your own shimmery paint!!! You rock Ali!
Beth said…
Great job! I love the layout - that is perfect for the colors... everything is set off just beautifully! Awesome job!!!
Erica said…
Too darn cute! Eddie looks fabulous! I love how you colored him and the shimmer powder and paint...genius! The papers are great and I think you did an amazing job at the monochromatic since I know it is out of your comfort zone!
ellepaulette said…
Ooooh Soooo Cute!!! Love him, love him, love him! :) Beautiful card and your Edward is perfect!!
Jen Shults said…
This is really nice Alison! I love what you did with his hair and I'm interested to hear what you end up working out with your sparkle mixture. I haven't found anything I'm in love with yet. I have this image too and can't wait to use it... seeing yours has me wishing I could squeeze some crafty time in right this second, lol. :D
OME! Isn't he the cutest!? You did such a fab job with him! I can't wait to color him up too!

Happy Tuesday :)
Unknown said…
OME...Ali!! This is just amazing!! Your colouring is just suburb!! I LOVE every little thing about this amazing card!! You just rocked this challenge Honey...All the way!! Can't wait to colour mine now!! Xx
Rebecca said…
{gasp}! I love this !!! its breathtaking!
Heather said…
This is super uber cute! Love it! Can't wait til Friday! My tickets are already purchased for the showing! (Found out tonight that tickets went on sale last week! Why oh why would they do that?!?!?! All I have to say is Thank Goodness I found out about it! It coulda been sold out before then!)

Hugs,
Heather R.
Unknown said…
Beautiful card! I love the color scheme! Great job!

Tamara

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

Remembering Aletha

Greetings, Friends. This post today is part of a very special blog hop. We are celebrating the life of an amazingly talented artist and friend. The crafting community lost Aletha Jane Williams on May 5, 2019. Those of us that worked with her on Design Teams or on Challenge Blogs all agree that she was one of the sweetest and most talented women we knew. We are not here to mourn her loss though. This hop is happening in conjunction with a very special celebration of her life and her art that her husband Bob is holding in her home city of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Please join us in honoring our incredibly creative friend Aletha . My card features the "Remembering Aletha" Sprite, which Mitzi (owner and artist of Aurora Wings ) created specifically for this hop. She is generously giving the digi away to all, over on her blog. This sweet Sprite looks so much like Aletha, and I know she would have been honored. If you download this digi for yourself, please be sure to give a huge "