Skip to main content

Sketch Challenge in Review Part 2

Good Monday morning! I have been sick with a gross cold since Friday, so this is going to be a short post, as my head is still in a fog due to lack of medicine (ah, the things we do to nurse our children!).

I chose to make a layout using Dani’s Twilight Tuesday Sketch Challenge #2.

TTSC2

It worked out perfectly for what I wanted to do…

IMG_8424

I really love this page. I love how clean the original sketch was, so I didn’t want to disrupt it with a lot of embellishments. Plus, these are some of my absolute fave pictures of Rhiannon, (I must have taken about 25 in this one sitting!) so I really wanted to just focus on them.

IMG_8425

And her shirt is just so rockin’! Remember to click n the photos to see them bigger! Cardstock is from Prism and American Crafts. “Cherish” stamp is from Heidi Swapp, and it’s embossed in silver. Marker is from EK Success.

Some of the other TTIC girls made projects for today too!

Donna Rebecca Beth Dani Margie Julie

Tonya (check her blog out this afternoon for her project)

That’s it for now…almost… remember to have your New Moon Experience Layouts up by tomorrow! Can’t wait to see what you’ve all made! Have a great day!

Comments

Erica said…
I love what you did with this sketch! Rhi is sooooo cute! How precious! Great job!
Dani said…
Awwww! This is soooo sweet! Rhiannon looks so happy!! :)
Donna said…
Ali...This is just gorgeous...I LOVE your layouts!! Rhi is just beautiful!! Xx
Beth said…
OMG! This is freaking AWESOME! Great use of the sketch, and oh, those pictures!!! Beautiful job - you totally killed his one! :)
Beth said…
PS - FEEL BETTER!!!
Alyssa S said…
This is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I could scrap like you...wanna come teach me??

Popular posts from this blog

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…

Mosaic Bird

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is posting some of our projects from the October catalog that feature a "Mosaic Madness" theme . Below, you will see my project that features the Mosaic Bird stamp. 


Supplies:
Stampendous:
W176: Mosaic Bird
SSCM5003: House Mouse Friend Wishes
DCP1006: Fitted Frames Set B
STF082: VersaFine in Onyx Black

Other:
Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 022, 023, 026, 031, 037, 038, 047, 048, 049, 050, 065, 068, 070, 080, 084, 202, 303
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side, Fireflies
Creative Impressions: Lavender Velvet Shimmer Ribbon- 70978
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Green Cardstock: unknown


Directions: 
1. Color Mosaic Bird image and fussy cut.

2. Cut the card base to 5 1/2" x 8" out of Ocean Side cardstock. Using a yellow-green cardstock, die cut the large "P" from the Fitted Frames set B, and the small "P" out of Fireflies cardstock.

3. Stamp a sentiment from the House Mouse Friend Wishes set using VersaFine ink in Onyx …