Skip to main content

New Moon Layout Challenge Part 1

Happy Tuesday! The regular Twilight Tuesday Team is off for Thanksgiving, but if you recall, last Tuesday we mentioned that I had come up with a special New Moon project for you. Here’s what I wrote last week:

“Hey Twilighters! The time has come! The wait is over! New Moon is going to be released THIS WEEK!!!

I’m betting that a lot of you have big plans; I know I do! But here’s the thing, we at TTIC don’t want to just hear about your experience with the movie, we want to see it!!!

So pack up your camera and TAKE PHOTOS of your New Moon experience! Pics while you’re waiting in line, of you and your Twi-friends, and even the afterglow of seeing all your fave Twi-boys!

Then, pull out your die cut machines, your snazzy embellishments and make a layout! Journal about your night out! Show us those awesome photos! Scrap your movie tickets! Let’s all get scrappin’!!!

This challenge will be due on December 1st, so for those of you that aren’t going to see the flick opening night, you’ve still got some time to play along with us!”

So I wanted to share a layout with you from my New Moon experience, to maybe get your juices flowin’!

IMG_8327

My best friend Terry, my sis Pam (who many of you hopped with during the TTIC Blog Hop!), and I went to the “event” together. We saw Twilight at 9, then New Moon at Midnight… ‘cause really, we didn’t think there was any other way to do it! We HAD to see them both back to back!!! So we had to sit in line for a little while…

IMG_8328

We took some silly pictures, as you can see, and we chatted with a few of the, ahem, younger Twi-Hards…

IMG_8230

This is Anna, Kelly, and Erin (gosh, I hope I’m right!). These sweeties sat behind us in line and we chatted for a while. They were so excited about TTIC and the idea of being on my blog!

But back to my layout… I kept it real simple… I didn’t want to overwhelm the ridiculousness of the photos. We had such a good time goofing off. And that was before we even saw the movies!

So… your turn! Go and make a layout about your New Moon experience! C’mon! We wanna see!!! You have until Dec. 1st to get them up on TTIC. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

And make sure you go to Tonya’s Blog to see what she’s created!

PS: For those of you that thought I should put my new moon bracelet up in my Etsy shop… thank you! I did, and I created a blue version as well. Looking to do other colors as well… if anyone is interested in a specific color, please let me know! I would be thrilled to make a bracelet just for you!!!

Comments

Leigh Ann Baird said…
I love the layout! I took a couple of pics that my daughter may want me to put up on her blog. I wanted to get a shot of Elizabeth beside the movie poster but they didn't have one.
Stampvamp said…
AWESOME layout!!! I love the way you put the words around the pictures!!! This is absolutely fantastic!
Juanita said…
I love the DP you used for your layout. I guess I need to get busy scrapping Jennifer and my experience.
Jennifer said…
Great job, I was really looking forward to your layout and story.

Popular posts from this blog

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…

Mosaic Bird

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is posting some of our projects from the October catalog that feature a "Mosaic Madness" theme . Below, you will see my project that features the Mosaic Bird stamp. 


Supplies:
Stampendous:
W176: Mosaic Bird
SSCM5003: House Mouse Friend Wishes
DCP1006: Fitted Frames Set B
STF082: VersaFine in Onyx Black

Other:
Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 022, 023, 026, 031, 037, 038, 047, 048, 049, 050, 065, 068, 070, 080, 084, 202, 303
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side, Fireflies
Creative Impressions: Lavender Velvet Shimmer Ribbon- 70978
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Green Cardstock: unknown


Directions: 
1. Color Mosaic Bird image and fussy cut.

2. Cut the card base to 5 1/2" x 8" out of Ocean Side cardstock. Using a yellow-green cardstock, die cut the large "P" from the Fitted Frames set B, and the small "P" out of Fireflies cardstock.

3. Stamp a sentiment from the House Mouse Friend Wishes set using VersaFine ink in Onyx …