Skip to main content

TTIC #48 Bond Between Brothers

Happy Tuesday! It’s time for another fantastic Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge! This week’s challenge is brought to us by Jacquie. Here’s the scoop:

As New Moon movie release approaches we are seeing amazing pictures of the Wolfpack who become Jacob's Brothers. In New Moon the wolf pack play an important part in Jacob's life and the effect they have on the Quilute community. This also affects the Cullen family, they have a treaty with the Cullens and in time see that they all need to work together to rid Forks of the bad Vamps. This week we will be focusing on the Bond between brothers and how we apply that to our human lives. Women can lean on each other and we are strong all on our own but now and again we need that males presence as a brother, husband, best friend as a grounding force...as a safe place to be. We see that in Bella's need for Jacob.
Craft Portion: Make something that refects brotherhood... Be inspired by the wolf pack, Edward and Jasper/Emmitt, even the relationship between Bella and Jacob. Make a scrapbook page, a card for your brother or maybe a book for that special guy in your life. Celebrate brothers in any way you would like. (this would be a good chance to find those awesome pictures of the New Moon Wolfpack)
Comment Portion: Talk about the brotherhood in your life... Do you have an amazing brother that has been there for you thick and thin? Do you have the best guy friends that have your back when times get rough?

I don’t have any brothers. But, Miss Rhi does! So, I decided to make a layout showcasing the first time Big Brother Phoenix met his Little Sister Rhiannon.

IMG_7255

Please click on the photo to see it bigger. There are so many sweet things in this picture, and I used a lot of cool stuff on my layout that you can’t really see in such a small photo. Here’s a close up.

IMG_7254

Phoenix was really uncomfortable being at the hospital. Unfamiliar territory and all… But when he finally got comfortable enough to hang in my room and even get on my bed; this was one of the first times he really took a good look at his baby sister. No, you can’t see his face here, but he’s got his “security blanket” pink Miracle Gro hat on, and he’s sitting with his Obasan (Japanese for Aunt; that’s what he calls my sis Monica), holding on to her. So, that tells you what’s going on in his mind a bit. He’s a bit nervous and uncomfortable, but he knew everything would be ok. He was really looking forward to becoming a Big Brother. I love this picture. And I think the layout is pretty cute too!

And as always, our Design Team has fantastic projects to display for this week’s challenge – please go and check them out!

Dani ~Donna ~ Erica ~ Eve ~

Jacquie ~ Jen ~ Julie (is out sick this week) ~ Margie ~ Rebecca

Comments

Jacqueline said…
What a sweet layout!! I just love this picture, it is so cute for the older siblings to see the new baby! you did a wonderful job, you added the perfect elements to this page! :D
Erica said…
The layout is fantastic. I love the colors. Those flowers are perfect and funky! Great picture! Thanks for telling the story! I am sure that Phoenix is the best big brother any girl could ask for!
This is so sweet Alison. I love your layout and your story about your son meeting his sister for the first time is so sweet. You and Donna are going to convince me to start trying layouts, even if I have to go kicking and screaming. Gorgeous work girl!
Dani said…
Awwww, this is so sweet! Such a wonderful layout for such a special moment. :)
Beth said…
That is SO sweet! It is such an honor how you share with us!! This layout is perfect - so sweet and special. Great pic - just GREAT. I need to go dig out my thesaurus. Beautiful job, Ali - as always!
margie c said…
Awww, what a sweet layout! I love the pic and all of the lil details! Adorable! :*)
~ margie
Eve said…
You tell the best stories! I know I tell you that ALL THE TIME! But it is so true! Thanks for sharing. The layout is amazing as well!
Donna said…
ANOTHER amazing and gorgeous layout...OME Ali!! You always inspire me...You know how I hate doing a layout but you ALWAYS inspire me to do better...I LOVE this story of Phoenix and Rhi...Eve is sooooo right you always have the best stories....Beautiful work sweetie...You rocked this challenge!!! Xx
LOVE your LO! Such a sweet choice for the scrapbook and you do have a gift for storytelling :-)

How did Rhi's blessing go??? Your favors from that were simply awesome, too!
Julie said…
I agree with what everyone else has said -- you DO have the best stories to tell on your blog and with your creations. And it's lovely of you to share them all with your readers! I just LOVE seeing this amazing pic -- what a moment. You've captured it so well with this layout.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…